A key member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Chief Financial Officer will report directly to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management and growth of Jewish Silicon Valley. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of JSV. This will include direct oversight of our Finance Department (accounting, budgeting, forecasting, investments) and our Business Operations Department (human resources, insurance, legal, IT). The CFO will work collaboratively with the CEO and philanthropy team to help cultivate institutional and donor relationships, as well as working with the Operations Department to support our facilities management function on behalf of the Levy Family Campus. The CFO will play a critical role at this exciting juncture in our organization’s trajectory, as we begin to:
- invest in our facility through a Capital Campaign to expand our aquatics center;
- prepare to expand our community foundation model through increased DAF and endowment investment opportunities for our donors; and
- develop new ways to meet our community’s evolving needs as we move out of the pandemic
- review efficacy of and consider replacement of CRM and donor management systems
The ideal candidate possesses strong leadership skills, a record of successful financial management, understanding of back-office operations, and the ability to build trusting relationships with staff, volunteers and philanthropic supporters.
- Provide leadership in the creation, coordination, and evaluation of the financial operations and supporting information systems of JSV, including financial reporting, budgeting, financial planning, and internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal fiscal guidelines.
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenues, expenditures, departmental budgets, general ledger, and account maintenance and data entry.
- Coordinate the preparation and review of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and tax returns.
- Direct the preparation and review of the annual forecasting and budgeting process for all JSV departments and initiatives.
- Coordinate the annual independent audit of JSV including consolidating financial statements and reviewing audited financial statements for proper disclosures.
- Knowledge of special accounting and tax regulations relating to not-for-profit accounting.
- Provide leadership, direction, and efficiencies for all investment accounting.
- Serve as liaison to Investment and Finance Committees and provide general oversight of donor investment activities, including Donor Advised Fund and Endowment management.
- Provide Board information and reporting for all financial matters for JSV.
- Oversee all contractual obligations of JSV.
LEAD OPERATIONAL SUPPORT
- Work with Sr. Management Team on achieving JSV’s strategic priorities including ensuring the long-term fiscal health of JSV.
- Provide staff supervision of Finance and Business Operations Departments
- Oversee Information Technology Systems to ensure that systems are appropriate and functioning adequately and include appropriate levels of internal controls while safeguarding all critical data.
- Oversee, review and maintain Finance and Business Operations policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Analyze cash flows, cost controls, and expenses to guide the JSV Board of Directors and its Finance Committee.
- Manage Financial Services provided to the Levy Family Campus and work with Operations Department to develop LFC budgets and quarterly reports.