About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
The human resources assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources department and manages various HR functions. The human resources assistant provides direct support to the vice president, Human Resources and director, Human Resources
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding Human Resources policies and forms.
- Assists with the recruitment process by writing and posting recruitment ads, scheduling interviews, and preparing turndown and offer letters.
- Conducts timesheet training with new hires and audits weekly attendance submissions.
- Manages the security ID card process for employees, lay leaders, temps, and tenants.
- Processes and maintains Human Resources invoices and bills.
- Distributes the employee birthday and anniversary list to our senior management team.
- Oversees the initial employment period process with managers.
- Sends daily birthday and anniversary messages to employees.
- Prepares monthly reports (example: union).
- Manages the employee discount programs and works directly with the vendors (i.e., gym membership, back-up care).
- Assists with employee programs such as staff recognition, summer and winter events, and training.
- Works with our Scholar-in-Residence (Rabbi) on planning Jewish Learning series for employees.
- Updates and maintains organizational charts and inputs data into the HRIS.
- Processes, purges, and maintains employee files, and archives required records.
- Assists with special projects as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- HR internship experience or HR degree required.
- Strong knowledge of Jewish content, Jewish holidays/celebrations, and a passion for our mission.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality control.
- Respects the importance of confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals and groups and possesses strong relationship building skills.
- Possesses a high degree of initiative and exercises sound judgment.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.