The Judaic Teacher will promote Jewish education as a lifelong journey that is meaningful, dynamic, and inspiring.
Teacher would be working in one division, middle or high school.
Responsibilities and Duties/ Essential Job Functions:
- Teach the study of classical texts or Jewish laws and customs as per High
- Educate in various topics at the high school level, including but not limited to Contemporary Jewish Issues, Women in the Bible, Ethics of the Fathers, Jewish Philosophy, Jewish Literature, and Jewish History.
- Lead a tefilah group each morning.
- Track and report performance data of students to determine: student progress; which educational strategies and methods are working; where and when educational modifications must be made.
- Attend special events held by the school and engage with students and/or parents in an appropriate, friendly way.
- Attend work a maximum of eight working days prior to the commencement of classes and two administrative days following the conclusion of the spring semester of the school year.
- Participate in the ongoing curriculum development of the school and attend all teacher meetings.
- Communicate with the parents of each student a minimum of twice per semester but more times proactively as needed.
- Prepare and present regular oral and written reports to parents concerning their child’s education and welfare as needed.
- Maintain student and family confidentially both on and off campus.
- Performs other duties as may be deemed necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
- It is essential for the Employee to arrive on time to work every scheduled workday. It is essential for the Employee to maintain good attendance and give ample notice, when possible, when Employee will be absent. It is essential for Employee to speak to co-workers with respect and to follow all of the requirements and expectations in the Employee Handbook.
The Judaic Teacher must have a bachelor’s degree in Judaic studies or related field. Must have a valid FLDOE Teaching/Temporary Certificate or CAJE license in this field and have 2 years teaching experience and be proficient in the use of instructional technology and online textbooks. Salary based on experience.
Posnack School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or genetics, and any other characteristic or status protected by law.