EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Riverdale Temple, a modern, vibrant Reform Synagogue located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx seeks a full-time Executive Director of Operations.
Our synagogue offers people from all walks of life a vibrant, progressive, multi-generational Reform Jewish community right here in Riverdale. We are committed to a warm, caring, inclusive approach to Jewish life, and we celebrate the beautiful diversity of our membership. Our clergy team, along with our welcoming members combine to attract congregants of all backgrounds.
This position will report to the President of the board and the Board of Trustees and will also work with various volunteer committees, vendors, staff, nursery school director, and Hebrew school director.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- supervising the general day-to-day operations of the building and grounds;
- overseeing all programs and events at the synagogue, managing event space, and activities, and creating new events and programs with and without other local organizations;
- leading community outreach;
- initiating, evaluating, and implementing proposals for expanded facility use;
- coordinating and maintaining budgets of the various constituencies;
- developing job descriptions and supervising the superintendent and other staff;
- managing Temple calendar and coordinating facilities and staff accordingly.
The candidate must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills and be a multitasker. Should have knowledge and understanding of Jewish ritual practice, customs, and holidays, and familiarity with the customs of the Jewish community.
Computer skills, knowledge of budgets and accounting systems, and knowledge/experience in grant writing are required.
Salary commensurate with experience; vacation, insurance, and other benefits provided.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to: [email protected]