Temple Sholom, an egalitarian conservative synagogue in Bridgewater, New Jersey is looking for a part-time Job Coach for a 14 year old boy who has autism and an intellectual disability. He loves to laugh, play on his Kindle, be outside, and go on community outings. We are looking for someone who has patience, understanding, and a love for those who are differently abled. Responsibilities will include helping this boy learn the following skills using ABA techniques during our religious school program, Nitzanim, on Sunday mornings:
- Assisting with set up, breakdown and inventory of the snack bar at Nitzanim events.
- Shredding confidential documents to provide assistance to the book keepers, Preschool Place and Nitzanim.
- Making photocopies to provide assistance to the staff of Nitzanim and Preschool Place.
- Greeting students upon arrival and running the coffee cart for adults.
- Setting up/breaking down sanctuary for services.
- Setting up/breaking down social hall for kiddush/oneg.
- Setting up/breaking down the social hall for special events.
- Attending holiday/Shabbat related events such as Teen Shabbat, Simchat Torah, Megillah Reading.
ABA experience preferred, but not required. There will be on the job training.
Hours: Sunday mornings from 9am-12pm and an additional 3 hours a month to help our 14 year old participate in Shabbat/Holiday community experience.
-additional weekend hours available
Pay: $20-$25 per hour
If interested, please email Ilene Cohen, Director of Youth Education & Engagement at [email protected] with your resume.
Temple Sholom is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.