The Leffell School, a K-12 Jewish independent school serving 825 students on two campuses in Westchester County, is looking for a Community Engagement Associate.
The Community Engagement Associate works as a member of the Office of Institutional Advancement to facilitate the day-to-day planning, coordination, and implementation of community and alumni engagement for the Schechter Westchester/Leffell School. This role will oversee programs offered to alumni and to other groups in the school community such as parents and grandparents.
- Schedule and coordinate programs such as lunch & learns, grandparent’s book clubs, kindergarten mystery reader program and more. Manage invitations, track responses, and handle virtual or in-person logistics.
- Plan milestone reunion events for alumni (5 year, 10 year, 20 year).
- Work with high school staff to organize programming for current students that feature alumni guests, such as alumni college and job panels.
- Manage programs targeted to alumni including alumni job board, alumni website and social media presence, and alumni mentorship program.
- Identify new opportunities to engage alumni and other school community members and create programs to increase affinity for the school.
- Track alumni milestone events (engagements, weddings, births, professional or community achievements, etc.), and notify the community and send acknowledgements from the school when appropriate.
- Maintain and update contact lists of alumni, grandparents and other community members.
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude when in contact with community members.
- Organization skills and excellent attention to details.
- Good intuition, sound judgement and sensitivity to community needs.
- Proficiency in Miscrosoft Office programs and technology/social media skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a year-round, full-time position Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. (1:30 p.m. November – March). Limited weekend and evening hours at select school events.
- Attractive benefits program including health, dental, and retirement
- Generous PTO including the major Jewish holidays, school breaks, and additional vacation/personal days
About the Leffell School:
The Leffell School, a Kindergarten through 12th grade independent Jewish day school, offers a comprehensive, intellectually rigorous dual curriculum education, along with a robust offering of sports, arts and extracurricular activities. The Leffell School is located on two campuses in Westchester County, New York and serves more than 820 students from across the tri-state area, including Westchester and Rockland counties, New York City, Connecticut, and New Jersey.