Director of Programming and Engagement
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 28, 2021
LOCATION: Orlando, FL
Congregation of Reform Judaism in Orlando is central Florida’s largest reform temple. We are dedicated to making Judaism accessible to all with a focus on Jewish identity and inclusion. We are seeking an experienced person to create, manage and follow through with programming that focuses on development and membership engagement and retention. The core responsibilities of this position are listed below but may include other duties as may arise in temple business.
Programming & Engagement
• Oversight and management of temple calendar
• Work with programmatic based committees and Board leadership to help facilitate lay led programming and ideas
• Plan, execute, and host Zoom-based and in-person programs such as themed Shabbats, Oneg and Luncheons, Holiday programs, Social Adult programs, etc.
• Lead efforts to evaluate new and existing programs, including annual member survey for campus programs
• Oversight and execution of the non-service-related High Holy Days temple needs
• Create and send weekly programmatic email(s), texts, notifications
• Social Media Manager for all CRJ accounts and pages within those accounts
• Coordination with designated marketing firm (if necessary) to execute in-person promotional opportunities around town and quarterly newsletter, Mah Koreh & bi-annual program guide
Touring prospective members and following up when new members have joined
• Check in with congregants
• Meet regularly with membership committee to look at prospective member list/follow-ups, membership gains/losses, and new member engagement process
• Work with B’nai Mitzvah families regarding logistics of simcha at CRJ
• Plan and execute Fall, Winter, Spring, and any other fundraisers as designated by Temple Staff or Board
• Bachelor’s degree in and/or a minimum of three years of experience with this scope of work
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Experience with creating and implementing innovative and highly engaging programs
• Demonstrated leadership and responsibility of managing others
• Pro-active thinker and creative problem solver
• Experience with group facilitation and volunteer management
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment with in-person and remote and, as well as any contracted individuals/entities
• Strong knowledge of Jewish customs, values, and traditions a plus
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND MINDSET
• You’re self-motivated. You create your own organizational systems and can hold yourself and others accountable to expertly navigate managing all levels of an organization.
• You are fast-paced and high-energy. You have a bias toward action. You can move rapidly through ever-changing environments and can shift priorities on a dime.
• You find ambiguity exciting. You see potential in any situation and can leverage that potential. You love change management and understand the complexities of integrating new systems with an existing team.
• You’re a systems guru. You enjoy organizing chaos. You can take a large amount of information, assess it, and find the best way to organize it with the end-user in mind.
• You’re a people person. You love people and understand how to optimize the experiences of co-workers, external partners, and other stakeholders.
• You’re an expert multi-tasker. You have experience juggling multiple projects at once from start to finish with detailed planning and persistent execution.
• You have a great sense of humor. You bring levity to the work, have fun with your co-workers, and don’t take yourself too seriously!
COMMITMENT, COMPENSATION, AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time position, with a salary based on experience.