Early Learning Assistant Teacher (Varied shifts)
In this job market, Early Learning Assistant Teachers have choices and seek opportunities which will improve on their last positions. In this context, we’d like to share some of the reasons many Early Learning Assistant Teachers choose JCC Greater Boston. There is an energy at the JCC Greater Boston’s Godine Early Learning Center which makes it a unique, upbeat place to work. Families attending events together and folks of all ages participating in a variety of programs that create a happy buzz. The campus includes spacious grounds, multiple activity spaces and both an indoor and outdoor pool. Teachers are drawn to work at the JCC for a variety of reasons: the teamwork, opportunities for professional development, the child-oriented approach, better pay and benefits (including tuition reimbursement for EEC certification classes and a variety of discounts for children), planning/break time, onsite gym and, in many classrooms, improved teacher/child ratios. This posting is for full and part-time salaried Assistant Teachers. Part time options may include regularly scheduled early shifts, late shifts and/or partial week assignments. The starting salary for a full time salaried position is $40,000-41,875. Part time shifts will have prorated salaries. The salary offered will ultimately be determined by the hours employees will work, scope of the position, the candidate’s relevant experience, and internal equity.
JCC Greater Boston is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. We welcome staff and participants from diverse backgrounds. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background. We are guided by JCC Greater Boston core values – Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation - which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish.
JCC Greater Boston is a leader in early childhood education and has 4 NAEYC accredited centers in the Greater Boston area based on developmentally appropriate practices. While united structurally and pedagogically, each school has a unique personality, shaped by the community needs and staff vision. Our children come from diverse backgrounds.
If you are committed to the field of Early Childhood Education, value collegial and collaborative work environments, then we encourage you to apply. JCC Early Learning Centers are places where assistant teachers are encouraged to bring their passion for children, creating wonderful memories while building character and providing valuable education. Our curriculum is characterized by understanding the unique needs of each child, co-creation with the children, building a vibrant classroom community and strong partnerships with the parents.
- Create a safe and nurturing environment where children can play, learn and take risks
- In partnership with Early Learning Center Directors and peers, co-create a collaborative, dynamic, positive, and innovative classroom culture.
- Work in partnership with JCC leadership and other departments to support JCC Greater Boston organizational goals and model JCC values
- Partner and communicate with families with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for the children
- Assist with curriculum design and implementation
- Adhere to all EEC regulations as well as NAEYC guidelines
- A love of children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
- Strong organizational skills including teamwork, relationship building skills, the ability to multitask, the ability to manage situations effectively and diplomatically
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and commitment to build strong relationships with families, co-workers, ELC leadership, and JCCGB colleagues
- Commitment to create and foster a dynamic environment where play and learning are a top priority
- Computer literate
- JCC Greater Boston requires that new employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 at time of hire. The JCC will consider requests for medical or religious exemption that do not pose undue hardship or a direct threat to health or safety
In addition to a rewarding career where you help shape children’s futures, the JCC Greater Boston provides competitive exempt compensation packages for all salaried Assistant Teachers. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary (This full time position will pay in the range of $40,000-41,875 as a starting salary. The salary offered will ultimately be determined by the hours employees will work, scope of the position, the candidate’s relevant experience, and internal equity.)
- Tuition reimbursement for coursework supporting EEC certification ($1000-2000 per school cycle depending on hours worked)
- Support of a child development specialist
- Engaging professional development opportunities including 7 development days per year
- Outstanding classroom environments, materials, and outdoor play and nature spaces
Additional benefits for staff working 20 or more hours per week include:
- Flexible spending account
- Group life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Discounted child care at JCCGB Early Learning Centers and afterschool program
- Discounted JCCGB camp tuition (50-100%)
- Generous paid time off
- A free membership to the JCC Greater Boston facility in Newton – offering virtual and in person programs including indoor swimming, many fitness classes and workout facilities as well as discounts to many JCCGB events, classes, outdoor pool and more
Staff working 30 or more hours per week also qualify for health insurance and long term disability benefits. Benefits are subject to review and change by the Organization.
JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization with roots in earlier Settlement Houses and Young Men’s Hebrew Associations; JCC Greater Boston today offers a wide range of services and program activities throughout the Greater Boston region (~50,000 individuals annually in 98 communities). The organization provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: four Toddlers, three day camps, a regional model of Jewish family engagement, a fully equipped fitness and aquatic center, arts and culture classes, performances, lectures, and Jewish holiday celebrations.
Our vision is to create a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs. ?Our mission is to be at the heart of this community by:
- creating a thriving community that nurtures meaningful and lasting relationships,
- Welcoming a growing and increasingly diverse set of individuals and families from all over Greater Boston,
- supporting the building of unique identities rooted in Jewish values and deeper connections to Jewish life,
- nourishing minds, bodies, and spirits through dynamic, innovative, and accessible experiences, and
- ?expanding engagement by partnering closely with other organizations to ensure the continuing vitality of our community as whole.
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff and children very seriously. Over 99% of our staff have been vaccinated. We have aligned all of our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC and the state. Our practices include ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and program participants.
JCC Greater Boston welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who meet the requirements specified above. If you want to share your talents with a great team, co-creating a thriving, dynamic organization which is devoted to community building and lasting impact, please send a cover letter and your resume to [email protected]