Solomon Schechter Day School of Bergen County is a warm, inclusive Jewish day school that educates children from Early Childhood through Eighth Grade with a vigorous dual curriculum in general and Judaic studies. We inspire our students to be engaged, independent learners who embrace Jewish values and practices and strive with confidence and compassion to better the world.
The Solomon Schechter Day School of Bergen County is looking for an Early Childhood Teacher to work in a collaborative, dual curriculum, Reggio Emilia inspired Early Childhood classroom. We are looking for a teacher who enjoys working with a team of other Early Childhood professionals and wants to bring their expertise and experiences to share with their colleagues.
A Solomon Schechter Early Childhood teacher is:
- An energetic, warm, creative, flexible, and skillful individual who is happy to work in a collaborative teaching environment
- The ideal candidate would have a strong understanding of childhood development
- Committed to child-led experiential learning
- Ability to teach both Judaic and General studies
- Developing and implementing emergent curricula
- Establishing classroom routines and structures and maintaining daily schedule
- Creating open-ended and hands-on learning experiences
- Communicating with parents and colleagues
- Participating in professional development and actively engaging in the faculty community
- Conducting Parent-Teacher conferences
- Creating a classroom environment that embodies our school's values and culture
Requirements include a bachelor’s or master’s degree in early childhood education or early childhood special education, basic Hebrew language skills, previous classroom experience, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Salary range: $50,000-$60,000
Please submit resume and cover letter [email protected] Please indicate "Early Childhood Teacher" in the subject line.