About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
The Development Associate/Executive is responsible for fundraising for the annual campaign by developing and strengthening relationships between UJA-Federation's lay leaders, donors, volunteers, and prospects. They engage professionals from the real estate industry in the mission of UJA-Federation through fundraising, social and educational opportunities, and leadership development initiatives. They contribute to the estimated $18 million that the division raises annually.
· Develop and implement strategies to increase the dollars raised for the annual campaign and secure new gifts through outreach, relationship building, face-to-face solicitation, telephone contact, and event follow-up.
· Develop and strengthen relations between UJA-Federation and volunteers/donors/lay leaders/prospects.
· Educate donors and prospects about the mission of UJA-Federation of New York.
· Develop additive giving opportunities for donors through Planned Giving and Endowments and capital and special giving.
· Organize small- and large-scale fundraising events. These events ensure an opportunity for donors and prospects to connect with UJA-Federation through social, networking, and fundraising programs — with a focus on specific real estate industries/cohorts such as hospitality, real estate tech, and women in real estate.
· Act as lead fundraiser for The Annual Hospitality Reception.
· Develop leadership and provide opportunities for leadership to connect to UJA-Federation in a more significant and personal way.
· Follow-up with referrals, donors, and prospects to the Real Estate Division to ensure that information is disseminated, and the campaign is strengthened.
· Bachelor's degree required
· 1-3 years fundraising experience
· Knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community and a passion for our mission.
· Knowledge of various constituencies within the real estate industry.
· Strong communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
· Creative, energetic, self-motivated, quick learner
· Ability to handle multiple priorities
· Solid written, oral & presentation skills
· Strong customer service orientation
· Ability to work in a team environment while pursuing individual assignments
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.