About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
The CGSI Major Gifts officer will be responsible for day-to-day planning, coordination, and management of one or more signature initiatives and other significant CGSI projects. The position is both strategic and tactical, incorporating the components of a special initiatives campaign from the planning phase through launch and implementation. The Major Gift Officer will be responsible for cultivating top donors, crafting the narrative of the work, shaping donor stewardship efforts, deepening the prospective donor pipeline, and maintaining accurate and up-to-date information on donors and prospects.
· Work in partnership with CGSI Vice President to develop a comprehensive campaign plan
· In partnership with the CGSI team, raise upwards of $25M focused primarily on high six- and seven-figure donors.
· Work in partnership with planning and agency colleagues to develop specific, donor-resonant projects
· Manage a robust portfolio of donors by assisting in the development and execution of strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of current and new donors.
· Assist in development of overall campaign materials
· Ensure active, timely progress toward campaign goals and benchmarks
· Help to plan and coordinate fundraising-related site visits, meetings and briefings
· Oversee timely donor acknowledgements and stewardship, including recognition opportunities and thank you letters
· Assist in development and manage donor recognition opportunities
· Function as FRD liaison to one or more planning departments, providing campaign progress reports and updates to UJA-Federation staff and lay leadership
· Other responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President
Competencies and Qualifications:
· Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with extremely close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
· Ability to build effective collaborative relationships
· Ability to work as part of a seamless team with strong collegial relationships
· Ability to think creatively and strategically, dealing with changing priorities, emergent issues, multiple projects, and funding partners in a fast-paced environment
· Experience interacting and building robust relationships with major donors and board members.
· Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and problem-solving skills
· Comprehensive understanding of the New York philanthropic landscape
· Understanding of poverty in New York, effective strategies for combatting poverty, and foundations and donors that work in this arena is preferred but not required
· Proficiency in database management, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and other computer skills, as required
· Strong commitment to mission of UJA-Federation
· Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.