POSITION SUMMARY: The Graphic Designer produces advertising and collateral materials that include but are not limited to general graphic design, social media advertising, digital display ads, brand identity/logo design, PPT presentations, outdoor displays, video editing, digital assets for email, social media, and web, and content materials to support all programs and services.
- Prepares and provides print-based materials, including flyers, forms, letterhead, event programs, special event materials, newsletters, banners, postcards, and other print documents using professional graphic design software.
- Digital design responsibilities include Facebook ads, email campaigns, website design and maintenance, social media graphics, and digital ad placements.
- Maintains the integrity of the MARJCC's brand identity across all creative and deliverables.
- Creates and manages video, photographic, and graphic content to build agency presence on social media.
- Designs and creates computer-based, web-based, or multimedia-based layouts, graphics, videos, and content for presentations, productions, multimedia programs, website, emails, and other electronic media.
- Develops layout design and concept, selects and secures appropriate illustrative materials to be used on agency’s website.
- Manages multiple projects while adhering to production schedules and quality requirements.
- South Florida applicants only! Non-remote position, if you are outside of the South Florida area or seeking remote work, you need NOT apply.
- Any combination of [two years] of education and training which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described.
- Advanced coursework in multimedia or graphic design and web design is desirable.
- Progressively responsible experience in the conceptualization, design and production of graphics, web, and print materials.
- Operate a variety of computer platforms and operating systems including Mac OS and Windows and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, Acrobat Professional)
- Adapts graphics to fit the needs of the client and target audiences.
- Research and learn new software and adapt to changes in technology.
- Prioritize, organize and schedule work assignments and projects.
Strong ability to write, proofread, and edit copy is required and proficiency in grammar and punctuation.
Two years of experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, Acrobat Professional).
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.