Congregation Beth El Membership Engagement Manager
Congregation Beth El is a Conservative synagogue whose mission is to create a home for every soul by offering a variety of Jewish experiences to nourish the mind, heart, and spirit, while being a caring Jewish community.
We seek a Membership Engagement Manager to create, implement, and continuously improve member engagement and our overall membership experiences. The Membership Engagement Manager will:
- Engage with synagogue members and guests on a weekly basis by attending Shabbat Services, synagogue programs, and being present during religious school hours to welcome and greet congregants, to facilitate congregant interactions and connections, and to be available to address membership inquiries.
- Develop strategy, create, and manage annual synagogue efforts toward membership retention of current members and recruitment of new members.
- Assist members with their ShulCloud accounts.
- Work with rabbis and lay leaders on development strategies and activities, including cultivation and stewardship of donors.
- Develop new, and facilitate or support, special interest affinity groups including the Shabbat Havurah program, Young Professional and Newlywed programs.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for synagogue programming.
The Membership Engagement Manager will help evolve our caring community by fostering a relational culture that builds community, inspires a sense of belonging, and deepens connections among Congregation Beth El members.
The Membership Engagement Manager will report to the Director of Community Engagement and will partner with the rabbis, Director of Administration, staff, and lay leaders.
The successful candidate is a personable and experienced team player who is interested in supporting our vibrant, welcoming, and growing congregation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; or relevant experience in organizational advancement
- Self-starter; able to work independently, strong project management skills
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Appropriate computer skills for administrative functions
- Familiarity with synagogue culture, Jewish ritual, holiday, and life-cycle traditions.
- Flexible availability as this role requires evening and weekend hours.
- Positive attitude, approachable, functions with clarity, transparency, and integrity.
- Able to build and sustain relationships with diverse constituencies.
- Have passion for synagogue member engagement.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Open, innovative, and calm demeanor in quick decision-making moments.
- Must enjoy working with people and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and thrive working across a broad range of constituencies.
Hourly Rate Range for Membership Engagement Manager: $20.00 - $29.00 (Exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience.)
The position is part-time, 25 hours a week. This position is not a remote position.
Please email cover letter, resume, and requested salary to:
Jason Lobenstein, Director of Administration at [email protected]