Maimonides School, a Modern Orthodox day school in Brookline, MA, seeks a strategic-minded, forward-looking leader to develop and execute an encompassing approach to enrollment and communications across all four of its divisions (early childhood through high school). Because these departments are highly integrated, we seek someone to lead both teams as Director of Community Engagement. However, we are also open to hiring two talented people in separate roles, with a focus on admissions or communications.
The Director of Community Engagement will have overall responsibility for enrollment, including admissions and retention. They will also lead the school’s strategic planning, and implement the school’s marketing and communications goals. This position will report to the Head of School and serve on the all-school administrative team.
- Lead all aspects of admissions and retention efforts, in partnership with division heads and other school administrators.
- Develop and execute admissions and retention strategy, both for the current year and long-term. The short-term plan should include planning and execution of events that have proven successful as well as innovating new events where appropriate, such as campus tours, school visits, school fairs, interviews, open houses, panels, retention-related family programming , and other special events.
- Monitor, assess, and update projected enrollment targets, as well as related data and trends.
- Develop and execute a communications plan that serves enrollment strategies and communicates Maimonides’ value proposition. Develop metrics for periodically assessing and revising the plan.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance on the financial aid process and analysis of its success.
- Serve as a positive, energetic, and engaging representative of Maimonides and its mission, developing strong relationships with families in the Jewish community and Jewish leaders who are, or can be, advocates for a Maimonides education.
- Develop strong working relationships with feeder schools, as well as other Jewish, private, and public schools within greater Boston.
- Coordinate, manage, supervise, and develop admissions and communications personnel.
- Support enrollment management through management of our database; setting and achieving of admissions and retention goals; “white-glove” stewardship of current and prospective families; and appropriate communications.
- Generate and interpret regular reports on trends and data relevant to enrollment and community engagement, and present to and advise Head of School, Board of Directors, and school leadership.
Experience and Qualifications
- Five years or more prior experience in admissions, marketing, and/or communications.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Skills in data management and databases (Veracross helpful).
- Skills in event planning, strategic planning, and project management.
- Demonstrated skill as a collaborator and innovator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Management experience in directing a team and providing strong feedback, support, and supervision.
- Ability to innovate and learn, and to receive and act on feedback.
We want you to be part of our team! Maimonides offers an unparalleled dual curriculum in Judaic and general studies, with an emphasis on moral and spiritual development. From early childhood (2-year-olds) through 12th grade, our students are avid learners, eager to engage with each other, their teachers, and their community.
Join our family of outstanding educators and administrators who recognize each new day as an opportunity for creative ideas, collaboration, and connection. Maimonides is more than a school; it is a vibrant community whose members embody kindness and compassion for others.
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with years of experience and highest degree. Maimonides School is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maimonides does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please send resume, cover letter, and three references to [email protected]