ADAT SHALOM is a vibrant, Conservative Jewish synagogue located on the Westside of Los Angeles. We are conveniently located near Westwood Village and the beaches of Santa Monica.
Adat Shalom is a warm and welcoming community. We are a growing, thriving synagogue, serving those who seek a warm place to pray, an inspiring place to learn, and a feeling of belonging. Our dynamic community has continued uninterrupted throughout the past year of the pandemic, adapting quickly to provide creative, engaging virtual programming, weekly Shabbat and High Holiday services, kids programming, Religious School and more.
We are looking for a full time person to support our expanding needs and contribute to the growth of the synagogue. This person will be an integral part of our small, dedicated office team.
If you’re a people person that’s missed working in person with your colleagues, then we’d love to hear from you.
• o Write lively, engaging content for weekly/monthly/quarterly e-blasts, quarterly newsletters and other communications that promote educational, social, and religious events.
• o Maintain Adat Shalom website content ensuring information is accurate, current and user friendly.
• o Support Executive Director with project implementation, including membership development, event logistics, infrastructure projects, day to day operations, etc.
• o Manage the master calendar, updating all activities, including committee meetings, events, holidays, etc.
• o Assist implementation and monitoring of ad campaigns on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
• o Assist Rabbi as needed, including calendaring, congregant contact, lifecycle event updates, etc.
• o Support Religious School communication, including maintaining school calendar, weekly communications to parents, etc.
• o Interact with a wide variety of constituents in a flexible and compassionate way, including synagogue members, board of directors, potential members, etc.
• o Provide support to office team as needed, especially during peak periods.
Position Requirements and Skills
• o Excellent writing skills, with ability to transform factual data into engaging messaging
• o Excellent organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and working with tight deadlines.
• o Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Constant Contact, Publisher software, etc.
• o Experience creating graphics and design layout (through Constant Contact or other programs) preferred
• o Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
• o Strong interpersonal skills, high level of personal and professional integrity
• o Natural curiosity in learning new software programs, processes and systems, embracing a ‘can do’ attitude
• o Familiarity with synagogue database application Shulcloud is a plus
• o Familiarity with Jewish lifecycle and an appreciation for the importance of a synagogue in a Jewish Community is a plus
• o Position: Full time
• o Experience: Minimum 2 years in full time position
• o College Degree – Bachelors Preferred
• o Must be able to support occasional evening/weekend, including Jewish Holidays