Are you interested in a rich counseling and community outreach job where you can provide support and use your interest and knowledge of Jewish traditions?
Do you have experience facilitating support groups related to bereavement or caregiving?
Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Boston invites you to apply for our position of Support Group Facilitator and Community Outreach Manager!
- Hybrid work environment including remote/home, Waltham office and Greater Boston community outreach
- Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree in counseling, social work etc. preferred
- Full time schedule of 36.25 hours per week with excellent benefits
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organization committed to serving the needs of the Jewish community as we help people of all faiths, backgrounds, and identities with the challenges of life. This position reports to the Director of the Betty Ann Greenbaum Miller Center for Jewish Healing.
Your workday will include:
- Facilitating bereavement, caregiver and other support groups, providing community education, and developing programs
- Helping people feel a sense of connection when facing the challenges of illness, loss, or isolation by offering spiritual and communal supports to foster hope, comfort, and wholeness guided by Jewish tradition
- Collaborating with JF&CS staff and community organizations around design and delivery of services
- Using client management system to track and document client interfacing work
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Best-in field paid time off, including 22 days of vacation time, national and Jewish holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Immediate eligibility for insurance and benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plans
- Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
We offer a hybrid employment where some team meetings and other activities will require you to be in-person at our Waltham office while some training and education would take place remotely or in the community.
A successful candidate is/has:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Jewish traditions and experience working in the Jewish community
- Experience facilitating support groups
- Interest in and knowledge of end-of-life, bereavement, chronic illness, and caregiving
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite
- Please have a car and a safe driving record
- Bachelor's degree in related field
ABOUT THE PROCESS
Applying for the position of Spirituality and Aging Support Specialist has the following requirements:
- A current resume
- A cover letter
- COVID-19 vaccination and proof of vaccine
If you are selected for consideration, the hiring process could include:
- An initial phone screen
- An in-person interview with team members
- Background check
- 3 References, including two professional references
- Copy of diploma
- Other hiring requirements
**In compliance with federal vaccine mandates, COVID-19 vaccination & proof of vaccine will be required prior to employment or employees must have an approved exemption for medical or religious reasons by the first day of employment with JF&CS.**
For more than 150 years, Jewish Family & Children's Service has been helping individuals and families build a strong foundation for resilience and well-being. We intentionally serve and employ people of all faiths, backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.
Our work is guided by core tenets of faith and commitment not by bureaucratic processes or a desire to maximize profits. Our goal is to improve lives and improve the world which is part of what makes JF&CS a special place.
We have a strong culture of professional development, work-life balance, and promoting from within.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.