The Yeshiva Schools of Pittsburgh is seeking an experienced, nurturing and creative Judaic Teacher to cover a maternity leave in our Early Learning Center (TELC). Our community and school is thriving and growing, and currently consists of almost 350 families. We are a Pennsylvania Keystone STARS 4 facility. We pride ourselves on our commitment to a quality, child-centered approach, and our warm, dedicated staff.
The dates needed are August 18th- September 28th.
- Early Leave for Shabbos
- Yomim Tovim and Chol Hamoed off
- Caring work environment
- Potential support for room & board, if not located in Pittsburgh
* 8-4pm workday preferred, alternative of 8-12 or 12-4 available
* Create and implement weekly lesson plans, with content including parshiot, yomim tovim, chasidishe yomim tovim, and alef-beis
* Observe and document children's developmental and academic abilities
* Maintain positive classroom atmosphere
* Foster and develop relationship with children in the class
* Communicate and work in a team with classroom staff
* Assist in managing classroom behaviors
* Communicate with children's parents regarding their abilities and needs, through messaging, calls, emails, and conference
* Class size of 15-17 students
- Experience working with preschool aged children as a teacher or assistant teacher
- Substantial knowledge on Judaic topics including but not limited to parshiot, yomim tovim, chasidishe yomim tovim, and alef-beis
- Strong communication skills with both children, co-workers, and parents
- Skills in effectively managing behaviors
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Send resumes to [email protected]
Yeshiva Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age, or sex in the administration of its programs, activities, or employment.