Hours: 10 hours/wk
About Us: TAMID facilitates experiential education and cultivates relationships to create a strong, lasting connection to Israel for emerging professionals. In the Fall, we will serve 4,000 members in 61 chapters located on college campuses around the world and more than 7,000 alumni members. We reach our members through a series of programs including an education curriculum, pro-bono consulting for Israeli startups, a summer internship program in Israel, community building, professional development, and Israeli engagement for Alumni.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a Social Media Intern, you will play a crucial role in enhancing our social media presence across platforms. Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing Instagram, and LinkedIn for the TAMID Group account (@tamidgroup) and TAMID Group Alumni (@tamidalumni).
- Source relevant and engaging content that aligns with our brand's values and image. This will include interacting with our undergraduate members.
- Creating eye-catching graphics and visuals to accompany the posts.
- Crafting compelling and on-brand copy for each post.
- Scheduling posts in advance using Hootsuite to ensure a consistent and well-planned content calendar.
- Collaborating with the Senior Marketing Manager to align social media strategy with the organization's event calendar and strategic priorities.
- Monitoring social media engagement, responding to comments, and interacting with our audience.
- Keeping up-to-date with social media trends and best practices to continuously improve our strategy.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience with social media management and content creation for an organization, influencer, or business.
- Proficiency in at least one graphic design tool or software (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc.).
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to craft engaging and concise copy.
- Familiarity with social media scheduling tools. Knowledge of Hootsuite is a plus.
- Creative mindset and a keen eye for design aesthetics.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and manage timelines.
- Basic understanding of marketing principles and brand consistency.
- Strong collaboration skills to work alongside the Senior Marketing Manager in addition to other team members as needed.
- Resume detailing relevant experience and skills.
- 3-5 examples of past social media content and graphics (content created for class assignments is acceptable).
- Any relevant social media profiles or pages that demonstrate your abilities.
- Opportunity to gain hands-on experience in social media strategy and content creation.
- Exposure to real-world marketing campaigns and collaboration with experienced professionals.
- Fully remote and flexible work hours to accommodate your school schedule.
- Paid internship to compensate for your valuable contributions at $15/hour. This is a contract position, with a maximum of 10 hrs/week.
How to Apply:
- Please submit your resume, and a few samples of your work or a portfolio link here.
- Cover letter not required.
Hiring Process and Timeline:
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with preference given to those submitted by October 1, 2023.
- The interview process will wrap up in early October.
- We aim to have someone start around mid-October.
TAMID Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, TAMID complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
TAMID expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of TAMID’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.