The Director of Admission is responsible for managing all aspects of student recruitment, the admission process, and support retention efforts for the Upper School campus at CESJDS, serving grades 6-12. The Director is a member of the campus’s Administrative Team and reports directly to and is supervised and evaluated by the Director of Enrollment Management. As a senior leader at CESJDS, the Director is expected to be a role model, promote professional practices, and embody the values and mission of the School within the context of a pluralistic Jewish community.
- Lead and direct the recruitment and admission program for the Upper School campus.
- Provide a welcoming environment for new and enrolled students, maintain effective communication with newly enrolled and prospective students and parents, and build lasting relationships with enrolled students and their families.
- Build strong relationships with feeder schools and other individuals and organizations that can contribute to robust enrollment.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Enrollment and in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communication, plan and implement materials for recruiting new students.
- Build and utilize a team of motivated parent ambassadors to provide outreach within the enrolled school community to assist in recruitment efforts. Work closely with all stakeholders to engage their participation in the school’s recruiting efforts.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with colleagues around the admission process and integration of new students.
- Track and maintain data regarding recruitment, and alter strategies and approaches to respond to new information.
- Keep the Director of Enrollment apprised of all developments and activities with Upper School admission.
- Work collaboratively to support school-wide recruitment and admission.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Enrollment.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred or commensurate experience.
- A minimum of five years’ experience and demonstrated success in leading or working at the top levels of the admission process, preferably in a large, independent day school.
- An appreciation for the mission and core values of the School
- Proficiency in Hebrew language preferred
- Strong background in education preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership/management, organization, and interpersonal skills.
To learn more about this opportunity and the School, please visit https://www.cesjds.org/about/work-at-cesjds.
Faculty may be asked to perform their work responsibilities on campus and/or at home. In both settings, the teacher is required to maintain a professional environment.
While on campus, classes may be operating either in person or in an alternative setting. Teachers are expected to be present and accessible for the entire school day (contracted hours), regardless of the setting.
In accordance with the School's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, the School has adopted a mandatory Vaccination Policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families and the community at large from infectious diseases such as COVID-19 and the flu, which may be reduced by annual vaccinations. This policy complies with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities, as applicable.
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The School encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.