Job Opportunity: Director of Development at In the City Camps (ITC)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Part-time, 20 hours per week
Salary: $50,000 per year
About In the City Camps:
In the City Camps (ITC), dedicated to delivering exceptional camp experiences to Jewish families in Atlanta, focuses on combining fun, learning, and community spirit. Our mission is to instill a deep appreciation for Israel, Jewish traditions, and values, creating an environment conducive to personal growth, strong connections to Jewish heritage, and nurturing future leaders. In 2023, we welcomed over 725 campers and 150 staff, with our growth trajectory continuing.
As Director of Development, you are pivotal in ensuring the success of ITC. Your role focuses on fundraising and campaign management, crucial for supporting and enriching Atlanta's Jewish community. You will be instrumental in acquiring financial support vital for providing memorable camp experiences and promoting Jewish values and traditions.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies to achieve a $500,000 annual goal.
- Foster and manage donor relationships, including proper recognition and appreciation.
- Oversee a grant writer for successful funding applications.
- Solicit major gifts aligned with ITC's mission.
- Manage annual giving campaigns, including material development and appeals coordination.
- Organize and promote fundraising events.
- Formulate partnerships with corporations and businesses for financial backing.
- Maintain an orderly donor database for targeted outreach.
- Research donors for tailored engagement strategies.
- Administer fundraising budgets, expenses, and financial reports.
- Ensure ethical fundraising and legal compliance.
- Work with communication and marketing teams for effective storytelling.
- Guide and manage fundraising staff/volunteers.
- Evaluate fundraising strategies, making improvements based on analytics.
- Advocate for a philanthropic culture within ITC.
- Proven ability to nurture board relationships and drive organizational success.
- Skilled in Salesforce or similar CRM/fundraising software.
- Adaptable, capable of thriving under tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Collaborate with the CEO to identify and leverage high-potential fundraising opportunities.
- Appeal to donors across various levels.
- Diversify funding sources and boost overall revenue.
- Build relationships with both new and existing donors, engaging them in person and virtually.
- Manage donor portfolios, emphasizing research and engagement.
- Supervise donor communication and event planning.
- Accurately maintain CRM for effective donor interactions.
- Minimum of 7 years in nonprofit development.
- Established track record in annual giving, major gifts, and corporate philanthropy.
- Exceptional time management and goal fulfillment abilities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Resourceful, with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Excellent leadership and team-building capabilities.
- Deep passion for positively impacting children, families, and staff.
- Tech-savvy, proficient in CRM and Google Business tools.
- Flexible, available for occasional evenings and weekends.
- Enthusiastic about working in a collaborative, either remote or in-person, environment.
- You will enjoy a flexible schedule, an engaging team atmosphere, and opportunities for professional growth.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with "Director of Development" in the subject line. In the City Camps is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion.