Congregation Beth Ahm is a Conservative synagogue whose purpose is to provide opportunities for people to explore and practice Judaism in a warm and approachable environment. To fulfill this purpose, a full-time youth and family engagement coordinator is needed.
Reporting to the Rabbi, and in cooperation with the Executive Director and support staff, the youth and family engagement coordinator will work specifically with the congregation’s younger demographics to develop programming and engagement opportunities that increase youth, teen, family, and young adult participation and connection to synagogue life.
To achieve the objective of this position, the Youth and Family Engagement Coordinator will:
- Facilitate working teams/committees to strengthen the congregation’s year-round youth, teen, young adult, and family activities. Provide leadership to the teams so they can identify specific program ideas, develop a program calendar, recruit the necessary help and participants, assist in program execution, and facilitate program reviews. As needed, implement programs in consultation with the teams/committees or synagogue staff.
- Facilitate relationships between individuals and families by coordinating Shabbat dinner exchanges, havurot, and an ambassador program.
- Lead the development and implementation of meaningful High Holiday youth programming.
- Coordinate religious school activities and teachers.
- Identify, pursue, and/or represent Beth Ahm for partnered and collaborative programs.
- Coordinate core job responsibilities and activity with other staff members to support the overall mission of the congregation.
A strong candidate will possess the following traits and abilities:
- Must be a dynamic and motivating leader with strong planning and creative skills.
- Knowledge of Jewish tradition and previous Jewish camp, youth group, synagogue, school or agency experience is preferred.
- Must have a high degree of schedule flexibility with the ability to work nights and weekends and be onsite for Shabbat and Holidays as needed.
- Strong communication, social media, and interpersonal skills are required to interact with people of all ages.
- Ability to multi-task combined with excellent organizational ability is needed to successfully handle multiple programs and engagement opportunities simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to foresee and correct problems before they happen is required.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to David Goodman at [email protected]