We are seeking a Site Director for the Osher Marin Jewish Community Center (JCC) Preschool’s San Rafael location. The ideal candidate is a hands-on leader who will be responsible for the daily oversight of staff and operations of the Early Childhood Education (ECE) program. This is a full-time, exempt position requiring strong supervisory and mentoring skills, a sound understanding of Jewish early childhood education and several years of experience as an early childhood educator. As a key member of the JCC’s ECE leadership team, the Site Director will build upon our high level of quality and success by articulating and implementing the JCC’s core values, vision and purpose. The Site Director reports to the ECE Director.
For a complete job description, JCC ECE application and more information about the JCC and our programs, please visit our website at http://www.marinjcc.org. Visit the careers page under “About Us.”
- Create and actively promote a comfortable and nurturing environment where every child and teacher are treated with dignity and respect, in a friendly, personalized manner.
- Oversee the ECE site, managing the day-to-day operations with a combined enrollment of over 75 children across eight classrooms.
- Ensure consistent compliance with California Department of Social Services (CDSS) Child Care Licensing, including staff qualifications, teacher/child ratios and health and safety requirements.
- Determine and mold the philosophy and direction of the ECE Program.
- Create unique and innovative curriculum and programming to support this philosophy and ensure that the ECE is truly world-class.
- Create and establish an effective management structure for the ECE.
- Hire, train and motivate the best teachers available.
- Anticipate and proactively respond to families and participant needs and requests.
- Join teachers in the classroom to support/observe the teaching-learning process.
- Observe and interact with children, in collaboration with teachers, to support growth and development and to plan curriculum and project work.
- Work with teachers to integrate Jewish values and content into child and family learning.
- Problem-solve with teachers and families.
- Warmly welcome teachers and families to school in the mornings.
- Plan school-wide family events including Shabbat Dinners and Jewish holiday celebrations.
- Facilitate invigorating team meetings and teacher bonding events.
- Collaborate with colleagues to advance school-wide vision.
- Plan and carry out open house events, and play key role in new student recruitment, including touring prospective families.
- Actively work with other departments to ensure proper coordination and overall success of the JCC and participate in JCC-wide activities and programs.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- BA degree in Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field from an Accredited institution.
- A minimum of five years teaching experience and supervisory experience in a similar setting.
- Preschool Director qualified (or the equivalent) by California State Licensing.
- Demonstrated experience in program planning and implementation and with staff supervision.
- Knowledge of Jewish life, traditions and culture preferred, as well as the ability to integrate these concepts in programming and staff professional development.
- Ability to provide leadership, effective guidance and stability for program continuity and growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, digital photography and other IT skills preferred.
- Certified in Infant and Child First Aid and CPR (Certifications must be active)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Salary & Benefits
Salary Range $75,000 - $85,000
Health & dental insurance plans; life insurance; long term disability insurance; retirement plan, 125 plans, 22 vacation days per year; 13 paid sick days per year; up to 15 National & Jewish holidays per year; up to 5 emergency leave days per year; bi-annual CPR, 1st Aid & AED training; JCC full facility family membership; discounts on JCC programs & events.
Please email a resume and cover letter to Tamar Lai, ECE Director at [email protected]. Please do not contact via phone. Candidates whose qualifications are determined to most closely match the position requirements will be contacted. We are not able to respond to each and every resume submitted at this time. The JCC is an equal opportunity employer and embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds. This is a non-profit organization.
- Principles only, recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.