About Jewish National Fund-USA (Jewish National Fund-USA):
Jewish National Fund-USA is the leading philanthropic organization for the land and people of Israel. Driven by a powerful 122 year legacy of changing lives and livelihoods, Jewish National Fund-USA is a partner (donor) led, independent 501 (c)(3) non-profit that's attracting 800,000 new residents to Israel's Negev Desert and Galilee through its visionary One Billion Dollar Roadmap for the Next Decade.
Jewish National Fund-USA is creating a brighter future for residents living on Israel's frontier as it builds parks, playgrounds, medical centers, schools, resilience centers, bomb shelters, and so much more. In addition, Jewish National Fund-USA's supports people with disabilities; brings farmers from developing nations to Israel to learn about sustainable agriculture; and makes philanthropic investments in agricultural and water R&D. In fact, thanks to Jewish National Fund-USA, Israel has become the global leader in water recycling. Jewish National Fund-USA is also changing the narrative on university campuses through its work with college student leaders and professors beyond the Jewish faith through its Caravan for Democracy Student Leadership Mission to Israel and Faculty Fellowship Program in Israel and Alexander Muss High School semester abroad program.
If working for an organization that supports the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere excites you, then join us and you needn't wait another minute to change the world.
The operations and events director is the main point of contact in the Jewish National Fund-USA regional administrative center for Fundraisers to ensure organizational excellence, effectiveness, and efficiency. The internal title for this role will be Director, Center of Excellence.
This role is that of project manager for In-person and Virtual events in your region, administrative tasks and other related projects to support the fundraising professional team in the Mountain States and Pacific Northwest regions. Qualified candidates will be strategic thinkers who will also participate in the tactical side of the aforementioned, along with our events and marketing teams to support their fundraising partners successfully. As both a leader and integral part of the core team, you are willing and able to step into the execution to make sure everything is fulfilled as necessary. This position reports to the National Campaign Director in your region and can be based in our Denver, Reseda, or Phoenix office. You will be working Mountain States hours.
Job Duties will include:
Be the main point of contact for the Mountain States and Pacific Northwest Fundraisers to ensure all needs are met and smooth workflow is established including but not limited to:
- Accomplishes results by leveraging systems, policies, and procedures
- Ensures that office operations and procedures are running smoothly for your Fundraisers
- Project manager for Virtual and In-person Events and other projects within your cohort
- Daily management of administrative staff to your projects to ensure:
- Processing of Campaign pledges, donations, and payments in a timely manner
- Donor database management for specific projects
- Involved in recruitment, hiring and training of administrative staff within your area, including managing, evaluating, coaching and disciplining
- Assigns and monitors administrative functions related to regional projects
- Works closely with our Events team along with other CoE staff to ensure successful events
- Works with the Marketing Manager to ensure all campaigns and event materials adhere to guidelines and timelines.
- Maintains up-to-date information on all aspects of operations for campaigns or events and support staff to provide additional assistance and fill-in when necessary
- Maintains organizational continuity by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and needs
- Achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submits information for budget preparation, schedules expenditures, monitors costs
- Works with IT and other departments to ensure proper set up, onboarding and training for incoming staff within your region or department
- Ability to learn and use project management and database platforms
- Assist or oversee internal office logistics and work with vendors (cleaning service, repairs, etc)
- CoE Director may be assigned different departments or regions to work with if necessary
- Any further duties assigned from your supervisor, which may not be listed above
- 5+ years administrative and event/project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and teambuilding skills
- Keen organizational and analytical skills
- Effective decision-making skills
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communications skills including written, verbal and listening
- Excellent time management skills
- Strategic thinker
- Takes and provides supervision with respect and courtesy
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task projects
- Must be comfortable with various software products
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Knowledge of Salesforce or another database program a plus
- Moderate travel and availability for evening and weekend events on as-needed basis
- Candidates must have a valid US driver's license, access to a car and personal credit card to use for travel (documented expenses are reimbursed per company policy)
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Parental Leave policy
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel
Salary range will depend on experience level, but can fall within the range of $65,000-70,000.