The Director of Congregational Engagement is our community connector and will serve as the welcoming synagogue ambassador to Beth Jacob Congregation. In partnership with the professional staff and lay leadership your main focus will be to engage our members with Jewish life and learning. This role will report to the Executive Director.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant Jewish non-profit or educational experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Google & Apple products
- Ability to program plan, recruit, motivate, and organize volunteers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Requirements & Experience
- Takes initiative and works collaboratively with people of different skills, passions, and opinions
- Exhibits empathy and active listening skills
- Understanding of Judaism and familiarity with the needs of a Jewish congregation
- Master’s degree preferred, but no specific higher education required
- Partner with lay leaders & professional staff to co-create opportunities that engage and immerse learners in Jewish life using Shabbat programming, holiday celebrations, and educational activities
- Oversee Volunteer Engagement with a focus on diversifying and promoting NEW volunteer opportunities.
- Serves as lead staff person for Membership, Chesed and cause oriented committees, groups, and special initiatives. Eventually, launch new congregant-led initiatives.
- Manage programs determine success & impact
- Other duties as assigned
- Meet with members to understand their motivations and interests, and make connections between and among them. Foster relationships to enhance synagogue leadership
- Manage new member data collection & membership process. Cultivate relationships with NEW members to connect them into the community
- Attend and assist in running synagogue programs scheduled throughout the year
- Work with the Communications Manager to develop marketing materials
- Frequently communicate with congregants using social and traditional platforms
You're the right candidate if you're a natural people connector who brings energy, warmth and a familiarity with and love of Judaism to the position. You'll succeed if you're comfortable with people and details, have a strong sense of professionalism, and are fluent with both social and traditional media.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Please direct all inquiries, cover letters and resumes to Executive Director, Jamie SkogBurke at [email protected]