About Franklin & Marshall College:
Franklin & Marshall College is a residential college dedicated to excellence in undergraduate liberal education. Its aims are to inspire in young people of high promise and diverse backgrounds a genuine and enduring love for learning, to teach them to read, write, and think critically, to instill in them the capacity for both independent and collaborative action, and to educate them to explore and understand the natural, social, and cultural worlds in which they live. In so doing, the College seeks to foster in its students' qualities of intellect, creativity, and character, that they may live fulfilling lives and contribute meaningfully to their occupations, their communities, and their world.
Franklin & Marshall College is recruiting for a full-time Assistant Director to the Klehr Center
- Location: F&M Campus - Lancaster, PA
- Classification: Full-time Exempt
- Schedule: 40 hours, M-F; 10 month position
- Reports to: Director of the Klehr Center
- Department: Hillel at the Klehr Center
- Compensation commensurate with experience: $42,000 - $47,350
The Assistant Director of the Klehr Center for Jewish Life works with the Director to fulfill the Mission of F&M Hillel and oversight of the Klehr Center in support of the College's educational mission. Specifically, the Assistant Director is responsible for all areas relating to programming including management of the student leadership board, the Jewish Engagement Fellows (JEFS), budgeting, student development and outreach. The Assistant Director is responsible for the day to day oversight of the Klehr Center, oversight of all Center communications including print and social media. Additionally, as the Assistant Director is ultimately expected to be able to fill in for the executive director when needed. A strong Jewish background (including knowledge of Israel) and experience in student activism is preferred. Prior experience in Hillel or in non-profit management is highly desirable.
- Works with the Director to develop appropriate one-to-one relationships with Jewish students by meeting them where they live and study. Utilize creative methods to reach and interest them in the life of the College and the Hillel mission.
- Works with the Director and student board to support student-initiated programs, and empower student leaders to provide accessible, relevant, and engaging programming on campus.
- Supervises Jewish Engagement Fellows (JEFS), and together come up with strategies for connecting with, engaging, and serving Jewish student population.
- Works with university administrators, faculty, and relevant student organizations on collaborative programming.
- Helps to maintain accurate and up to date dats on student participation by using Hillel International's database website Heart (Heart training can be provided).
- Assists the Director on the management of the programming budget and lends input on its development
To learn more about the Klehr Center, please click HERE.
- Bachelors degree required; Jewish studies preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of Jewish education, program/event planning, or related work having to do with Jewish professional experience required.
- Non profit experience preferred
- A valid passport preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office required
- Intermediate level of proficiency using Social Media Marketing, Canva, and HERT is required
- Ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
- Because this position requires driving for college business, the successful candidate must possess a U.S. or Canadian driver's license which has been valid for at least two years, have a driving record that is free from excessive motor vehicle violations within the last three years, and have had no convictions in the last 24 months for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Because this position works with minors (non F&M students under the age of 18) please review the link below that includes information regarding the protection of minors. Click HERE.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.
Franklin & Marshall College requires all employees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by sending a scanned copy of their completed vaccination card to Human Resources. Employees may request a religious or medical vaccination exemption by contacting Human Resources.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events. To learn more about our Benefits, please visit our Benefits Page.
Franklin & Marshall College is committed to having an inclusive campus community where all members are treated with dignity and respect. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender/gender-identity, sex, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, family or marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.
All submitted materials must be submitted via this online process. We regret we are unable to accept applications or resumes submitted via mail, email, or fax. As you are submitting your application via this online process, please ensure that you provide an accurate email address. You will then receive an acknowledgment indicating that your application materials have been received. Individuals who need accommodations due to a disability in order to submit an application or attend an employment interview should contact Human Resources at (717) 358-3996.