The Assistant Director of Development works with the Director of Development and other key members of the Ramah Darom lay
and professional team to implement our comprehensive annual fundraising program, with a particular focus on our Camp
Ramah Darom alumni. This includes developing an annual fundraising strategy and plan, donor stewardship and solicitation,
and alumni engagement. This is a new position, and a fantastic opportunity for a creative professional with development
experience to help grow our organization’s fundraising efforts during an exciting stage of our history.
Director of Development & Board Relations, Ramah Darom
Collaborates closely with:
Director of Marketing & Communications
Finance & Development Manager
• Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the Director of Development, senior leadership and lay leadership to identify,
cultivate and solicit donors.
• Serve as the key liaison and lead staff for the Ramah Darom Alumni Association:
• With the Director of Development, manage the research, strategy, planning and execution of the annual fund campaign,
including prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, donor stewardship, direct marketing, and relationship building.
Develop new strategies and initiatives based on a comprehensive analysis to increase the number of prospects under
• Work in partnership with the Development Committee to engage lay leaders in annual fundraising efforts, including
solicitations and donor appreciation efforts.
• Plan and manage all aspects of fundraising and stewardship events with the Director of Development.
• Manage systems to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database.
• Work in partnership with the Director of Marketing & Communications to create marketing and PR campaigns to
support annual fundraising initiatives.
• Track and report progress on fundraising objectives.
Key Job Requirements
• Minimum 3-5 years of direct experience in fundraising.
• Exceptional relationship-builder. Ability to establish and foster relationships with donors and prospective donors, based
in Jewish culture and values.
• Ability to take initiative and execute new ideas.
• Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented.
• Experience in volunteer management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with donor databases, spreadsheets and Microsoft applications.
• Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-energy environment.
• Team player with a good sense of humor. A positive, “can do” attitude.
• Ideally, a background working at or attending a Jewish summer camp or a Jewish non-profit.
In addition to base salary, Ramah Darom offers medical and dental coverage plus annual contributions to a 403(b) retirement
plan. Ramah Darom also offers full-time employees tuition benefits for children attending Camp Ramah Darom.
Interested candidates should email their resume to [email protected]
For more information about Ramah Darom, visit RamahDarom.org.