Administrative Coordinator/Thought Partner Part-Time
Remote or Hybrid
Or Zarua, a co-constructed Jewish spiritual community based in the Western suburbs of Philadelphia, with members all over the USA, seeks a part-time Administrative Coordinator/Thought Partner. We are a “hybrid” community, offering our programming by Zoom and in-person.
Candidate must be personable, detail-oriented, tech-savvy, collaborative, insightful, conscientious, and with a high level of integrity. This is a remote or hybrid position with 10 -15 hours per week, and increased hours during Membership and High Holiday season (mid-summer through early fall). These hours include two regular time-slots per week with the Rabbi and the other hours flexible on one’s own.
• Administrative Support and Thought Partner for the Rabbi – programming, financial work, expense reimbursement, discussing and implementing strategies for organizational development.
• Event coordination: RSVPs, logistics, communication with hosts and organizers, data collection, materials preparation, coordination of High Holiday and Shabbat/holiday and special offerings
• Communication with donors and fiscal sponsors at Reconstructing Judaism: answering emails, sending correspondence
• Membership communications/marketing: E-blasts through Constant Contact and List-Serv, Social Media, etc.
• Data maintenance and reporting: Member data, Dues Data, Donor data, etc.
• Website maintenance: Updates, Posting photos, Online calendar
• Experience providing administrative support to a Director level or higher
• Strong technology skills-Mastery of Google Suite, including Docs, Forms, Sheets, G-mail, Calendar, Sites, etc.
• Experience with Zoom and hybrid offerings
• Experience with Website maintenance and Social media
• Experience with Constant Contact and QuickBooks preferred
• Must be able to provide stellar professional references for relevant work
- Desire to grow with the organization and display commitment to the position
- Excellent, warm customer service & interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing, with excellent spelling and proofreading skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, self-motivate on new projects
- Experience working with the Jewish community preferred, but not required
- Organized and attentive to details
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects
- Ability to work closely in a one-on-one setting
- Ability to think critically and to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Ability to project warmth, interest, and competence in all interactions
Or Zarua is a co-constructed community of baby boomer/empty-nesters where members are encouraged to share their talents, gifts and skills. Or Zarua is a fiscal sponsee of Reconstructing Judaism.
Salary: $19-22 per hour, commensurate with skills and experience
Please email cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Rabbi Shelly Barnathan [email protected]