About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
The Business & Professional Development Executive is responsible for the planning and implementation of fundraising strategies and goals focused on the broad business and professional community of Westchester. Position responsibilities include; engagement, cultivation, research, solicitation of funds, implementation fundraising events, convening committee and board meetings, and developing hands-on activities for the B&P Division. The position also collaborates on other regional projects, as appropriate.
• Management of a 50+ member board, including quarterly board meetings, events and individual leadership cultivation and solicitation.
• Develop and implement appropriate fundraising strategies to increase the dollars raised for the annual campaign from the B&P community, as well as PGE and special initiatives.
• Employ a variety of fundraising techniques including face-to-face solicitations, fundraising events, door openers, worker assignments, phone sessions, and written communications.
• Educate donors and prospects about the mission of UJA-Federation of New York.
Accomplish this through one-on-one cultivation activities, fundraising events, educational programs, mitzvah projects, agency visits, and missions.
• Identify and collaborate with lay leaders, inspiring them to serve as ambassadors for UJA- Federation to build new personal and business relationships.
• Build and expand the base of Emerging Professionals living and working in Westchester through individual and group engagement.
•Organize small- and large-scale fundraising and outreach events for the varied B&P
· Facilitate meetings and events using zoom technology.
· Recruit speakers and honorees for B&P board meetings and events. Organize and execute site visits to agencies, volunteer activities, and missions to Israel and other countries.
• Involve lay leadership in a strategic and planned manner. Provide necessary professional support to appropriate lay committees. This includes agenda setting, preparing reports and presentations, writing meeting notes, and providing necessary follow-up.
• Execute events in partnership with event manager, marketing manager and IT staff.
· Develop and implement a plan for post-event follow-up, including contacting and meeting with donors.
3. Donor Cultivation
• Develop and update research on individuals and companies in the portfolio. This includes identification of viable prospects through outreach and relationship-building.
• Maintain records of donor portfolio and evaluate progress regularly with supervisor.
• Think strategically and creatively about constituencies and businesses, and recommend and implement new growth strategies, programs, and initiatives.
• Stay current on donors and industries in portfolio as well as philanthropic trends. This includes reading newspapers, trade publications, journals, and other related materials.
• Participate in staff meetings and collaborate with Westchester staff and other fundraising divisions to develop and implement strategies involving donors across divisional lines.
• Work in collaboration with professionals in other divisions and affinities in NYC to support their initiatives and to integrate Westchester donors with their programs as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Three-plus years of post-college knowledge and experience in fundraising and/or related areas; face-to-face and phone solicitations preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and customer service orientation
• Knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community and passion for UJA-Federation’s mission
· Working knowledge of zoom technology and facilitating virtual meetings and events
• Team player with the ability to multitask
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Excellent Communication skills
• Entrepreneurial self-starter
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.