Seeking A Director/Assistant Director For Our Early Childhood Center
Gan Aviv Nursery School & Day Care is an Early Childhood Center that has been serving children in the community for over 15 years.
Gan Aviv offers a bi- lingual Hebrew-English program with passionate and
devoted teachers who support children’s play, exploration, flexibility, focus,
inquiry, and creative/critical thinking. Gan Aviv tagline is Learn, Love, Grow
which is shown in everything we do. At Gan Aviv, children develop positive
feelings toward learning and grow mentally, physically and socially. They
enjoy play areas, gardening spots, Israeli celebrations, movement classes
and so much more.
The Director’s Position is all 12 months of the year!
- Create and actively promote a comfortable and nurturing environment
where every child and teacher are treated with dignity and respect, in
a friendly, personalized manner.
- Oversee Gan Aviv site, managing the day-to-day operations
- Ensure consistent compliance to Department of Child and Family
Licensing regulations, including staff qualifications, teacher/child
ratios and health and safety requirements.
- Determine and mold the philosophy and direction of the school.
- Create unique and innovative curriculum and programming to support
- Create and establish an effective management structure.
- Hire, train and motivate the best teachers available.
- Anticipate and proactively respond to families and participant needs
- Join teachers in the classroom to support/observe the teaching-
- Observe and interact with children, in collaboration with teachers, to
support growth and development and to plan curriculum and project
- Work with teachers to integrate Jewish/Israeli values and content into
child and family learning.
- Problem-solve with teachers and families.
- Warmly welcome teachers and families to school in the mornings.
- Plan school-wide family events and Jewish holiday celebrations.
- Facilitate invigorating team meetings and teacher bonding events.
- Collaborate with colleagues to advance school-wide vision.
- Plan and carry out open house events, and play key role in new
student recruitment, including touring prospective families.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Experience in Early Childhood Education
including administration, supervisory experience, curriculum
development, and overseeing large programs.
- Experience working in inclusion with children with cognitive and
- Strong interest and appreciation in Judaic culture and tradition
including Jewish Holidays, Customs, life cycle events and values. Comfort in incorporating Jewish
Holidays and culture experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development or related field.
- Highly Organized
- Demonstrated track record of collaborating with other educators,
coordinating, coaching, mentoring, inspiring and supervising
- Positive experiences in establishing sincere, welcoming, and
meaningful interactions, and problem-solving skills with parents and
- Ability to support teachers’ understanding of and learning about
seamlessly integrating Jewish traditions and values within an
- Proven ability to lead professional development efforts and support
educators within a teaching and learning environment that promotes
- Ability to multitask the pedagogical, relational, and administrative
responsibilities of program direction and coordination.
- Experience in a Creative Curriculum environment is a plus.
- The successful candidate, upon commencement of employment, will enjoy a
competitive salary and benefits package as well as continuing
professional development. Position reports to the owner.