Hillel at FIU
Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining Hillel at FIU as the Engagement Director. You will drive Hillel forward by thinking big, empowering students, and creating a warm and inclusive environment for Jewish life on campus. As you lead people and programs you’ll help every student on campus connect to Jewish life, learning and Israel. At FIU our students are local and stay local after graduation, so your work in connecting with Jewish students helps to develop the next leaders of our Miami Jewish community.
What You’ll Do
- Mentor student leaders in their Jewish growth through one-on-one meetings and group trainings, in order to cultivate a caring and actively inclusive Jewish community
- Implement a strategic program planning model for engagement
- Work cooperatively/collaboratively with segments of the student leadership (such as Arts, Greek life, social justice) to build positive on-going relationships with students
- Develop one-one-one relationships with Jewish students by meeting them where they live, work and/or study, utilizing creative methods to reach and interest them
- Identify a portfolio of students currently less engaged with Jewish life on campus and create a plan to connect them to meaningful opportunities
- Lead marketing, social media, and content for website; maintain participant tracking database
- Direct the student leadership, programming, and engagement budgets
- Develop key relationships with campus professionals and student organizational partners
What You’ve Accomplished
- 2-4 years professional experience in Jewish, experiential or higher education.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree is a plus.
- Proven success:
- Building pluralistic Jewish communities and creating a welcoming, vibrant, and deeply enriching Jewish environment
- Inspiring, mentoring and motivating college age students through traditional, but also experiential education
- Strategically networking and building partnerships with young adults and leaders
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality across all area
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- A passion for working with emerging adults and investing in their growth as Jewish leaders.
- A commitment to pluralism and comfort with your Jewish identity so you may act as a role model and mentor for emerging Jewish adults.
- Ownership of your unique Jewish knowledge and experiences and ability to inspire others to be on a Jewish journey.
- Comfort working independently and collaboratively.
- An entrepreneurial spirit - things may not always go according to plan, but you understand that ambiguity is part of developing great new opportunities.
- Strong written and verbal skills, effective at communicating with a variety of stakeholders including students, parents, alumnae/i, and university partners.
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $50,000 - $55,000
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, Flexible Spending accounts, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel
About Hillel at Florida International University in Miami, FL
Hillel at FIU is home to 3,500 Jewish students, most of whom live in South Florida and stay here after graduation. We are a relatively new Hillel, on the rise, at a large state university that has grown exponentially in both academics and student life in the past decade. We are a diverse, passionate group of students situated in the greatest city in the world, with an incredibly strong Jewish community.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel at FIU is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.