Director of Student Life
Job No: 496240
Work Type: Staff Full-time
Department: Student Affairs
Location: Wilf Campus, 500 West 185th Street, NY, NY
Categories: Student Services
The Director of Student Life serves as principal administrator and senior member of the Student Life department in managing the design and implementation of student event programming, student council and club operations, Shabbat and major campus event programming and all related areas of campus life activity. The Director establishes and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with key university administrators in order to enhance the overall undergraduate student experience.
- Serve as primary contact to senior administration, staff, faculty, students, and the larger YU community on all matters regarding student life initiatives
- Oversee major large scale annual campus events including New Student Orientations, Yom Hashoah program and Yom Ha'atzmaut celebrations, and special events. Create public relations materials for campus events
- Run leadership training programs, retreats and seminars for student leaders, class presidents and club leaders
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with department directors and managers and represent Student Life at inter-departmental meetings
- Work with the Dean of Students on budgetary decisions and student council distribution of funding
- Oversee OSL staff members; student councils and clubs; review and revise policies and structures; and maintain student council budgets
- Serve as a resource on liability/risk avoidance, and ensuring compliance with all University policies
- Provide leadership with University initiatives and support services that enhance the student experience
Experience & Education Background:
- Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience required
- Masters degree strongly preferred
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong leadership, staff development and staff management skills. Ability to create and support a successful team mentality
- Experience in the development and implementation of student leadership training, service learning, and student event programming; creativity, enthusiasm and commitment to student success
- Superior communication and inter-personal skills, ability to develop and nurture mutually beneficial relationships with department managers, faculty, staff, and community members
- Ability to effectively work with staff, students, parents, and colleagues in a meaningful way that shows understanding, self-confidence, concern and regard to University practices and policies
- Supports fair treatment and equal opportunity for all and enforces that policy within his/her sphere of influence
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University's retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3134531
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.