Preschool of the Arts (POTA) is a growing early childhood program in Manhattan that is opening a brand new facility in the Union Square neighborhood. We seek qualified and passionate teachers and administrators to join our team as lead, assistant and floater teachers for the 2022/2023 school year. We are also hiring for the roles of Assistant Director and Administrative Assistant.
We have both year-round and 10 month programs serving children 3 months to 5 years old. Our preschools are devoted to learning through the arts, respectful care and the magic of early learning, inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach and a Jewish traditions, values-based curriculum.
Under the guidance of the Head of School, the qualified candidates will be responsible for providing our children with a safe, loving environment imbued with POTA’s mission. Our school provides an environment that cultivates curiosity and learning in our faculty as well as our children. We believe in a team teaching model and enjoy weekly professional development.
Qualifications Lead Teacher and Assistant Director/Lead Teacher
- Passion for early childhood education
- A growth mindset
- Team player who enjoys collaborating with others
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to create and maintain positive partnerships with families and staff
- Insight into children, the ability to listen deeply, and to write about and document their learning
Required for lead teachers:
- 1-2 years demonstrated experience teaching in a preschool or child care center, or other relevant experience
- In-progress OR completed degree in Early Childhood Education or psychology/sociology with coursework focusing on early childhood and child development
Preferred for lead teachers:
- Teaching Certification Birth-2nd grade in NYS, or equivalent, as required by NYC DOH
- Knowledge or experience with Reggio-Emilia Philosophy
- knowledge of Jewish customs and culture
Assistant Director/Lead Teacher candidates must demonstrate leadership skills, excellent judgement and mental flexibility, years of commitment to the field of early childhood and a desire to grow in level of responsibility.
Qualifications Assistant Teachers
Assistant and Floater Teachers must demonstrate curiosity about children, a patient and loving temperament, flexibility to work with Lead Teachers, and provide support to the safety and learning in the classroom.
Assistant Teachers must at a minimum be over 18, have graduated high school, and provide strong references for past experience caring for young children.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]