The high school educator represents StandWithUs and the high school department within their region. You will be a member of a dynamic team of
passionate professionals and work with various student and community groups to provide nuanced education and well-rounded resources to high school students. This position is suited for someone, who is passionate about empowering the next generation with the knowledge and tools they need to tell Israel’s story and fight antisemitism as a leader and/or up-stander in their school and local community, while
also cultivating their own professional skills in the areas of project management, public speaking, event planning, mentorship, and networking. The primary responsibilities include managing StandWithUs’ two leadership programs for high school students: the Kenneth Leventhal High School Internship and the Teen Leadership Council. Leading educational outreach efforts through partnerships with relevant organizations and collaborating with the regional staff to support local efforts are also core responsibilities. In this role, you will also promote historically accurate education about the Jewish people and Israel in curricula applicable to their region at the state and local level. The position normally entails frequent travel within the specified region, although the frequency of travel has been impacted by Covid-19. This is subject to change based on health guidelines. It is a requirement to have a personal vehicle available to you, a valid driver’s license, and current, comprehensive drivers’ insurance including liability, for work-related matters.
This position is based in Seattle, WA. The Northwest Region includes Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Alaska. Reporting to the Executive Director of High School Affairs and National Associate Director of High School Affairs, the High School Coordinator position is an entry-level position with opportunities for growth for those with a proven track record of success.
- Present nuanced educational programs, workshops, and lead interactive
discussions on topics related to Israel and combating antisemitism for high
school students, professionals in the high school space, and occasionally other
- Provide educational resources and materials to student leaders and mentor them
on activism, leadership and programming skills.
- Recruit and outreach to high school students and teachers of all faiths.
- Develop and cultivate professional networks with relevant organizations and professionals.
- Facilitate regular communication with students and the program’s professional staff.
- Consistently use social media platforms to promote the high school department, our work, our students’ work, and our accomplishments.
- Assist in the planning and execution of local, regional, and national conferences and summits.
- Document student activities: take photos from events, gather testimonials, and quantify high school data for department reporting.
- Track and respond to antisemitic incidents in the high school space within the region.
- Collaborate with your regional counterparts from the middle school, campus and/or community professionals
- Communicate and coordinate efforts with local StandWithUs community chapter (i.e.: organizing and promoting local events)
- Promote positive, factual education about the Jewish people and Israel in curricula applicable to the region at the state and local level.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge related to Israel, the Middle East, and topics related to the Jewish community with regards to antisemitism.
- 0-3 years of experience.
- B.A. required.
- Passion for educating and mentoring teens about Israel and fighting antisemitism.
- A strong background in public speaking is required.
- Leadership experience in camp, youth movements, synagogues, and teen programs.
- Experience in Israel activism on campus preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A high degree of creativity and flexibility in order to meet organizational objectives.
- Demonstrated project management, supervisory and time management skills.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency with MS Office, Google Suite applications, and internet applications.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized, reliable, team-player, proactive, strong work ethic, leadership skills/
- Must have American citizenship or a valid work visa. StandWithUs cannot sponsor visas.
Position Start Date: Flexible during Spring 2022.
Salary: 50 - 55k, subject to experience.
For more information, contact [email protected]
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]