The Administrative Assistant role will support multiple departments with varied administrative work. The role will initially be part-time, Monday-Thursday, for approximately 25 hours per week but could expand to full-time in the future. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Managing Director, Finance and Administration.
- Support the Volunteer Center and External Relations team with all event registrations in Millennium and related activities.
- Meeting support including name tags, attendee tracking, calendaring, room set-up, materials and food/drink ordering and organizing. Help with IT/AV for meetings.
- Board meeting support – same as above but specifically for board meetings.
- Hiring and recruiting support including job postings, applicant tracking and communication.
- Fundraising administration including: submitting pledge cards and preparing pledge cards for special events and needs, mailings support, pledge and payment acknowledgement letters, donor maintenance in Millennium and other systems.
- Prepare expense reports for senior staff.
- Other administration and support items as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS degree highly preferred
- 3-5 years administrative experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and have strong general computer skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft skills such as mail merges, pivot tables, table formatting highly preferred.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments and projects.
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to work as part of a
- Sense of humor and
- Strong personal commitment to the Federation
- Experience working with non-profits a
- Flexibility to work evenings and some
- Must have been vaccinated against COVID-
Please send Cover Letter & Resume to: [email protected]
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey is a non-profit philanthropic organization dedicated to creating a vibrant Jewish community in northern New Jersey. Federation cares for those in need, deepens engagement in Jewish life, and strengthens the bonds among Jews in northern New Jersey area, in Israel, and around the world. Its primary functions are community planning and allocations, financial resource development, and leadership development.
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey prohibits discrimination based on the following protected categories: race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex/gender (including pregnancy), marital status, civil status, domestic partnership status, familial status, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or disability.