Nevei Kodesh is a a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal congregaton in Boulder, Colorado, including a team leadership approach, innovative religious school and educational programs, meaningful services and an active community.
Overall Purpose of Position:
• Oversee various aspects of communications and publicity for our organization to promote awareness internally and externally of our mission, values, and activities.
• Serve as Zoom host for remote services, assist with live streaming and sound for live services.
• Technical assistance as needed for lighting and some live events as needed.
• Production responsibilities will include signage, calendar and website updates, email newsletters, social media (facebook/Instagram at minimum), print media, articles, displays, banners and other media. Work with building renters to add to calendar.
• Will also assist in overall strategizing for internal and external communications.
• Work week based on assumed 22 hours a week/most but not all of work can be done remotely
Specific Tasks Include:
• Update website content, including audio/video.
• Entering events and creating text/links for each event, as well as registration as needed. Interfacing with committees to obtain all needed calendar items.
• Answering rental inquiries related to calenddar availability
• Learn to create and use forms on website as needed
Maintaining website pages.
•Ensuring that stakeholders can find what is needed as well as newcomers.
•Make vision/mission of organization more prominent and obvious through nature of website.
•Help maintain Dropbox central photo files that can be used to upload to website as needed.
• Produce first draft weekly emails to members and nonmembers (eventually slightly different) for upcoming events/announcements
• Produce first draft weekly email for community connections and service.
• Produce additional emails as needed to promote classes, workshops and events.
• Help select new email software and create multiple customer lists based on status in community.
High Holy Days/Major Events
• Oversee/implement marketing efforts.
Zoom Host/Tech Support
• Run zoom rooms during virtual services (1-2x a month)
• Support live stream and tech support on sound for live services 1-2x a month)
• Create and post weekly offerings for Facebook (and possibly Instagram)
• Post in weekly e-journal Boulder Jewish News
B.A./B.S. or equivalent in communications, marketing, public relations or related experience
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Thorough knowledge of the different social media platforms as well as Microsoft Office, Google Suite and some database experience
Visual design sense and some experience with design software (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, Canva or similar)
Web maintenance experience
Strong knowledge of Zoom platform
Some experience working with live stream and cameras
Some experience with video editing (eg Adobe Rush or Premiere)
Strong writing, proofreading and editing capabilities
Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines and project goals.
Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and within a team
Ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously
Ability to work Friday night or Saturday morning in assisting services (on computer or with sound equipment)
Strong appreciation for timelines, deadlines
Patience and ability to deal with various stakeholder’s communications needs in a clear and kind manner, while maintaining boundaries.Honesty, integrity and reliability
Self-aware and open to feedback
Sense of humor!
Knowledge of Jewish rituals and culture, and most especially Jewish Renewal and/or Jewish Spirituality.
Experience with publicity and messaging
Understanding and using analytics a plus