Maimonides School, a Modern Orthodox day school in Brookline, MA, seeks an elementary school limudei kodesh teacher to cover a maternity leave from January 2023 through the end of the school year in June.
The limudei kodesh teacher will be responsible for creating a nurturing and collaborative environment that cultivates learning Judaic studies subjects and skills, Hebrew language, and appreciation of the State of Israel. Candidates must be knowledgeable about Judaics, with a demonstrated passion for elementary school education.
This teacher will be expected to work Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Plan, build, execute, and measure the success of student-centered classroom lessons within the context of our school's Judaic Studies curriculum
- Provide an environment that encourages participation, recognize the needs of individual students and the entire group, and offer support and flexibility as needed
- Work as part of a cooperative and diverse team of educators and administrators to carry out the mission of Maimonides
- Cultivate positive relationships with current and prospective students and parents
- Implement positive discipline
- Adhere to administration policies and rules
- Observe children and make notes of progress and development
- Provide a safe and secure environment in which children feel comfortable
- When teaching Hebrew, teach critical skills related to the four strands of language acquisition: listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Work collaboratively with co-teachers
- Communicate with parents
- Supervise recess, lunch and bus recess duty as needed
- Minimum of two years’ elementary or middle school teaching experience
- A commitment to work as part of a collaborative team that prepares students with the skills, critical thinking abilities, and content knowledge to succeed as they develop as learners and progress toward middle school
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Experience teaching Hebrew language is a plus
- Interest in professional growth and commitment to continuous learning
We want you to be part of our team! Maimonides offers an unparalleled dual curriculum in Judaic and general studies, with an emphasis on moral and spiritual development. From early childhood (2-year-olds) through 12th grade, our students are avid learners, eager to engage with each other, their teachers, and their community.
Join our family of outstanding educators and administrators who recognize each new day as an opportunity for creative ideas, collaboration, and connection. Maimonides is more than a school; it is a vibrant community whose members embody kindness and compassion for others.
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with years of experience and highest degree. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. Maimonides School is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maimonides does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please apply to [email protected] with “Elementary School Limudei Kodesh position” in the subject line.