TEMPLE SHOLOM EDUCATION ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Temple Sholom, an egalitarian conservative synagogue in Bridgewater, NJ has served the larger Bridgewater area for decades. We offer numerous educational and worship opportunities, social and cultural events, and community-oriented activities for members of all ages. We are looking for a warm and welcoming Administrative Assistant to join our Education Department team.
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Director of Youth Education & Engagement. In this position, the person is the welcoming “face” of the Education Department and needs to be highly organized and a strong communicator with the ability to multitask.
This individual must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to work independently and operate with a high attention to detail. A great deal of flexibility and a “can-do” attitude are essential to meet the needs of a large community.
Temple Sholom is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30 am-5:30 pm, Wednesdays- 11:00 am – 7:00 pm during the school year and 9:30am-5:30pm during the summer and 3 Sunday mornings during the school year which are the first two Sundays of the school year and Purim Extravaganza morning in the spring.
Days and Hours are flexible except for Wednesday afternoons during the school year.
This is a part time hourly position, 24 hours per week on average. Along with reporting to the Director of Youth Education & Engagement, you shall dedicate 2 hours per week to our clergy’s needs.
$20 per hour
Essential Responsibilities, including but not limited to the following
- Assist the Director of Youth Education and Engagement with logistics, such as planning all youth and family programming, including but not limited to books, educational supplies, transportation, food, paper goods, emails etc.
- Meet weekly meetings with the director of youth education and engagement for educational planning purposes for the department
- Complete and submit bi-weekly payroll for staff, including teachers and youth advisors, including paperwork for new hires
- Submit for all expenses for the religious school and the youth groups
- Shop for food and supplies for programming when needed, including bagel breakfast and pizza dinners
- Order books and school supplies as needed and organize basic supplies
- Assist teachers in organizing supplies for their lessons
- Organize student registrations
- Prepare documents, spreadsheets and other forms using Microsoft Office Suite and Rakefet management software.
- Create and maintain class lists
- Assemble orientation and welcome packets for staff and students
- Input and organize parent, teacher and youth advisor email addresses into Constant Contact in the appropriate categories
- Edit and send out weekly communications through Constant Contact
- Create monthly attendance sheets
- Update school and youth group calendars
Please send your resume to Ilene Cohen, Director of Youth Education and Engagement at [email protected]