Congregation Sons of Israel is a thriving Modern Orthodox synagogue in Cherry Hill, NJ with an invested and growing multigenerational community. We are seeking an organized and personable individual to join our team as an Administrative and Communications Manager. This role will be instrumental in ensuring the smooth operation of our synagogue, providing vital administrative support, managing communications, and collaborating with our rabbi and team of volunteers.
As the Administrative and Communications Manager, you will play a central role in the day-to-day operations of Congregation Sons of Israel. Your responsibilities will span a wide range of functions, including administrative support to our rabbi and lay leadership, managing communications channels, coordinating private events, and overseeing financial and facility management tasks. This multifaceted role requires a detail-oriented, resourceful, and personable individual who is dedicated to enhancing the experiences of our community members. Responsibilities are outlined below, providing an approximate breakdown to offer a clearer understanding of the expected time commitment for each category.
- Prepare and distribute electronic newsletters, bulletins, and other communications.
- Create and/or modify flyers for events and initiatives.
- Manage the synagogue's website updates and social media presence.
- Manage incoming calls, emails, and correspondence with a pleasant demeanor.
- Open mail and prepare mail to be sent out.
Administrative Support (30%):
- Create online forms for events and campaigns.
- Print documents and flyers as needed.
- Keep track of all sponsorships, lifecycle, or other announcements to be shared with the community.
- Prepare thank you notes for contributions and notifications for donations made in recognition of others.
- Assist in maintaining membership records and databases.
- Provide administrative support to the rabbi and lay leadership.
- Communicate program and room setup needs to custodian.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment.
Financial Management (25%):
- Process donations, dues, and other financial transactions into our financial tracking system.
- Work closely with the treasurer to maintain accurate financial records.
- Create monthly statements and follow up on outstanding account receivables.
- Create annual dues invoices and follow up on payments.
- Check accounts payable invoices for accuracy and enter invoices to be paid by treasurer
Facility Management (5%):
- Oversee the maintenance and cleanliness in order to update the custodian on such needs in the building.
- Coordinate repairs and maintenance as needed with outside vendors.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and placing orders when needed.
- Schedule inspections, meter readings, and site visits as needed
Private Event Coordination (5%):
- Create contracts for private events and communicate logistical needs to synagogue leadership and custodian.
- Serve as a liaison between synagogue and outside caterers or event service providers.
- Additional hours available if the candidate is present for on-site needs during special events.
Special Holiday Needs (5%):
- Oversee the process of managing High Holiday seating requests.
- Proven experience in administrative support or office management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in office software such as Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Friendly, personable, and professional demeanor.
Additional Preferred Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with the Jewish community and practice. (Jewish observance is not required.)
- Proficiency with ShulCloud’s admin functions.
- Basic graphic design skills and experience with email marketing platforms.
Hours: This is a part-time position, requiring approximately 20-25 hours per week paid at a starting rate of $25 per hour. Flexible hours and hybrid remote workplace can be considered for the right candidate.
Vacation and Time off: The position includes two weeks of paid vacation per year, time off for most Jewish holidays in addition to some federal holidays.
If you are enthusiastic about contributing to the success of our community and believe you have the potential to excel in this role, please submit your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]
Learn more about our synagogue at www.soicherryhill.org