Temple Israel of New Rochelle is seeking a Program and Office administrator that supports the Executive Director (ED) position. This position will be a primary point of contact for the temple, the ideal candidate be energetic, professional, organized, and possess strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong customer service skills and report directly to the ED.
• Serve as a primary point of contact for Temple Israel. Greet/route visitors and inquiries, respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required.
• Manage congregant needs, including interfacing with congregants, supporting the integration of new members and overseeing membership initiatives.
• Maintain primary calendar for the synagogue and the coordination of event schedules between various program directors, lay leaders and custodial staff.
• Responsible for rental calendar of social hall, gym, sanctuary, etc including tours and walk throughs as needed.
• Assist in the preparations and execution of the high holidays. • Oversee logistical implementation of temple-wide programs, including rsvps, external catering coordination, special requests, audio visual requirements. • Provide logistical support, as needed, to various synagogue committees.
• Liaison with security provider and New Rochelle police with regards to scheduling of security
• Work collaboratively with the administrative team
• Manage office workroom ensuring it is stocked/organized and that the equipment is functioning properly.
• Support the work of the Executive Director, partnering to implement fundraising activities, membership initiatives and other important projects.
Skills and Requirements:
• Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving instincts.
• Experience in project and event organizing.
• Ability to prioritize, manage multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
• Technology skills including membership database, Microsoft Office, communications platform.
• Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills.
• Strong relationship skills with experience in managing members and/or volunteers.