Description, Responsibilities, and Duties
The Lynda and Stewart Resnick Early Childhood Center of Wilshire Boulevard Temple is seeking an Assistant Director for our program to work alongside the Site Director and Head of School supervising a program that fosters the development of 18-month to 5-year olds. We work in a collaborative environment that respects each individual and allows them and their unique set of abilities to shine and be challenged.
The ideal candidate would demonstrate strong leadership skills in working with administration, faculty, parents, and children. They would be responsible for ensuring smooth day-to-day operation and be able to oversee the site in the absence of the Head of School and Site Director. They would collaborate with the Head of School and Site Director to supervise all classroom activities in accordance with the philosophy of our school. An outstanding candidate would have a deep understanding of child development and the ability to collaborate with teachers on curriculum implementation, as well as string (written and verbal) communication skills.
- Obtained a B.A. or higher, preferably in Education or like subject matter.
- Has at least 3 years of experience in an ECE setting.
- Has all of their Early Childhood Director Units and meets all California Licensing requirements.
- Has a strong view of children as curious, competent researchers
- Preferably possesses deep understanding of the Reggio Emilia and other constructivist approaches.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player who works well with all types of people.
- Self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility and has the ability to attend to multiple priorities.
- Proficient in Google Suite (Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Sites, etc.) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, physically lift a minimum of 40 pounds, work indoors or outdoors, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity
Be a member of the administrative team of the Resnick ECC
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the campus in the absence of the Site Director
- Be a liaison between the teachers and the Site Director
- Support the classroom educators in curriculum development and classroom management
- Maintains open lines of communication with parents, educators, and vendors
- Purchase materials and snacks for the classrooms, and keep updated inventories of supplies
- Manage teachers’ schedules, breaks, and substitute teachers
- Assist with licensing, NAEYC accreditation requirements and record keeping
Wilshire Boulevard Temple’s Nursery Schools offer a developmental curriculum for children aged 18-months through five years old. Our program, accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), challenges and empowers all children to reach their potential. We provide hands-on experience in language arts, science, math, fine art, music, movement, gardening, cooking, and Judaic Studies. Our educational approach combines the best practices in the field of early childhood development inspired by Reggio Emilia and other constructivist approaches.
Together, our curriculum planned activities, and daily experiences are designed to respect the total child, be flexible to meet each child’s individual needs, and stimulate learning in all developmental areas: intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual. We joyfully celebrate our holidays and teach Jewish values, including the commandments of tikkun olam (repairing the world) and tzedakah (righteous giving). The children learn Jewish traditions and prayers, and find their place in our community.