The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle is a non-profit charitable organization in Seattle that is searching for a self-motivated, organized Development Associate committed to our core values: collaboration, community, innovation, integrity, and respect. If you want to make an impact, thrive in a collaborative environment, and have a high level of integrity, please consider applying for this position!
The Development Associate is an integral part of the Development team in support of fundraising for the organization. This position is hands-on and is responsible for the internal operations and communications of the development department including donor communication, gift acknowledgements, and donor database management.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for Development related inquiries and responds to field donor questions.
- Records donor pledges and provides supporting documentation to the Finance Team and assists with billing and receivable balance discrepancies.
- Oversees the stewardship and solicitation strategy for a small portfolio of mid-level donors.
- Responsible for the donor acknowledgement process, writing custom letters, and maintaining written procedures.
- Supports and coordinates the volunteer Donor Engagement Team (DET).
- Spearheads the Friends of Federation’s (FoFs) monthly giving program in partnership with the Development and Marketing teams.
- Supports the implementation of the community segment campaign, including but not limited to direct mail, texting, and telemarketing.
- Prepares reports and imports data from Salesforce, in house mailers, and other projects.
- Coordinates and assists in the preparation of fundraising events including registration tracking, developing and printing materials, and ensuring that in-person events are sufficiently staffed.
- Prepares materials for donor meetings and provides follow up support, as needed.
- Provides general administrative support to the Development team and other tasks as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years’ related experience.
- Working knowledge in Google Office Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent database system.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy.
- Experience with nonprofit organizations a plus.
The Development Associate reports to the Associate Director of Development. This is a full-time, non-exempt, hybrid position. Our office is located in downtown Seattle.
- Salary range: $50,000 - $60,000 per year, depending on experience and education.
- Paid holidays include: Nine (9) secular holidays and six (6) to thirteen (13) Jewish holidays.
- Paid time off includes: Fifteen (15) vacation days and Five (5) sick days annually.
- Benefits available include: Medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, term life insurance, 401(k).
How to apply:
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter, including why they are interested in the position and why they believe they are qualified to: [email protected].
The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For more information about who we are, visit our website www.jewishinseattle.org.