TCS is a warm and vibrant egalitarian synagogue that serves 425 families and over 200 students from Westport, CT and its surrounding regions. We are a dynamic Jewish community whose members’ lives reflect a sense of belonging and commitment to each other, our local communities, the Jewish people, Israel, and the larger Jewish world.
Our experiential Kehillah educational program is seeking passionate Jewish educators for our ever-growing Sunday Judaic Studies program.
- Formal and/or informal education experience
- Background in or solid understanding of Judaic studies
- An understanding of how to nurture each child's unique talents and abilities
- Creative, fun, and enthusiastic
- Collaborative team player
- Enjoy teaching and spending time with children
- Strong communication and organizational skills
About the Kehillah Program:
Kehillah (our Religious School) is a rich, experiential learning program for students in grades K-12. Here, our youth and teens connect to Jewish history and culture, Israel, Hebrew, prayer, and each other.
TCS Kehillah is a welcoming community-oriented learning environment where Jewish education is fostered, ideas are explored with curiosity and openness, and family relationships are nurtured.
The program runs from September through May, and it includes staff development days and staff meetings. If you have a passion for Jewish Education and you are creative and energetic, we are the place for you!
- Act as lead Judaic Studies teacher for assigned grade level, engaging students with the content and keeping track of their progress throughout the year
- Create weekly lesson plans with guidance from the Education Director and Curriculum Coordinator
- Engage in weekly communication with students’ families and/or guardians
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of class to prepare for the day’s lesson
- Have all necessary teaching materials ready at the start of class time. (Teaching supplies will be provided by the TCS Kehillah program.)
- Attend occasional staff meetings and paid professional development sessions
Schedule, Compensation, and Benefits:
This is a Part Time position in our weekly Sunday Judaic Studies program.
Position includes paid time off. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Reimbursement for transportation and professional development may be available.