Congregation Emeth is a warm and inclusive Reform Jewish congregation located in Morgan Hill and serving southern Santa Clara County, California. We are dedicated to nurturing the spiritual, intellectual, and social needs of all individuals and families seeking a meaningful Jewish connection in Gilroy, Morgan Hill, south San Jose, and the surrounding communities. Learn more about us at https://www.emeth.net/
The Operations Manager’s primary responsibilities include supporting the management of the facility, updating and producing publications and other communications including the website of the synagogue, managing the office, and assisting with other event and facilities-related needs. The Operations Manager will need to adjust to the changing needs of the synagogue and cooperate with the Rabbi, other staff, and congregation members who volunteer in support of the needs of the synagogue.
This part-time position (approx 15 hours per week) provides a broad range of administrative support to the Rabbi, key staff, and volunteers. The Operations Manager will complete office clerical tasks; maintain a professional, welcoming office environment; and facilitate the operations of our synagogue. Some work can be done from home using an Emeth personal computer, although there is work that does need to be done on site.
This position comprises the following three main components:
- Facilities/Office Management
Examples include: Be an onsite resource for visitors, members, vendors, and facility contacts; support routine facility inspections and repair services; order office supplies and ensure office equipment is in proper working order, and other tasks.
- Communications and Technology
Examples Include: Compile and send a weekly email newsletter via MailChimp; update the website via WordPress and update the congregation online calendar of events; produce programs/bulletins for special events; and other tasks.
- Event Support
Examples Include: Set up for weekly and other scheduled services and events; administrative and technical support for school program; set-up and support technology for events (zoom, microphones, etc.); create and manage Signup Genius sign-ups; and other tasks.
Core Competencies/Desired Skills:
- Self-directed, self-motivated, flexible
- Good organizational skills with the ability to understand and implement priorities in the face of competing demands
- Strong interpersonal skills including willingness to work with others, maintain confidentiality and deal sensitively with a wide variety of people and organizational relationships
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Good publication layout skills and design sensibility
- Strong verbal communication skills for working with vendors, volunteers, congregation members and for talking with the general public in person, via phone, or Zoom (or similar communications software)
- Experience with Google Suite, plus the ability to use or quickly learn software and systems commonly used in office environments (e.g., MailChimp, WordPress)
- Able to use good judgment and think strategically
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner