Miami Beach Jewish Community Preschool
Job: Teacher assistant
Facility: non-profit organization
Location: Miami Beach
Job schedule: Full Time
The Miami Beach Jewish Community Center (JCC) is a non-profit, social service agency founded upon Jewish ethics and values. Our goal is to provide quality programming to the community in everything from Children’s Enrichment and After-school programming to Summer Camp; Fitness to Aquatics; Sports to parenting classes; Adult Educational programs to Arts & Cultural events and more. We strive to employ the most qualified persons and continue to provide them with the support and encouragement needed in order for them to continue to develop and grow professionally as well as assist the MBJCC reach its goals in customer service and satisfaction.
The Miami Beach JCC is looking for qualified Teachers and Assistant Teachers with a passion for working with young students. We are looking for creative people with positive attitudes and a love for children. Learning through play is a key component of our program, so get ready to have fun. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a great environment to work at.
- Teacher assistant's responsibilities include collaborating with a team of teachers and administrators who share your love of education as they help us provide our students with the best learning experience possible
- Create a safe and friendly environment in the childcare room.
- Organize activities appropriate for the various ages to create a fun, playful and safe environment.
- Maintain a clean, orderly area, and picking up and sanitizing toys as needed.
- Maintain an environment that is tolerant and respectful of child and family cultures, values and differences.
- Candidates must be patient, flexible, energetic, self-motivated, and creative and must work well in a team environment.
- Great customer service skills to communicate effectively with parents
- Meet annual professional development requirements, per state regulations
- Must complete 10 clock hours of Professional Development per year
- Must be 21+
- Experience in working with children 2 years – 5 years old
- Teachers must have at minimum an active FCCPC(CDA) or Associates in Early Childhood.
- Must be able to use a computer, have data entry skills.
- Must be dependable, and possess an excellent work ethic.
- Must be able to accept guidance and supervision during the work shift.
- CPR and First Aid certifications preferred
- Must complete fingerprinting and background check
- Reliable transportation preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds, bending, stooping , crouching, reaching , sitting, sitting on floor, crawling, standing ,walking, talking, hearing visual acuity.
To apply: Send a resume to Jessica Beaubrun at firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The MBJCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an employee’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran or marital status, genetic information, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under the federal, state, or local, anti-discrimination laws.