Luria Academy of Brooklyn
Elementary Judaic Studies Teacher
January 24 - June 17, 2022 with the availability to continue next school year
At Luria Academy of Brooklyn (www.luria-academy.org), we are inspiring a new generation of leaders, creators, thinkers and engaged citizens. Our two campuses serve 300 students in preschool through 8th grade. Luria offers a sophisticated Jewish day school education in a progressive environment. Our students come from a wide range of religious and economic backgrounds. At Luria, students are encouraged to be curious, to embrace one another’s differences and to engage in respectful dialogue. At Luria, we focus on the whole child; as such, our educators develop learning experiences that support and challenge each student. We track student progress using standards based assessment and grading practices.
We are seeking a passionate and collaborative teacher to join our Elementary Judaics team. Essential duties include: (1) planning and preparation of materials, classroom instruction with an eye towards differentiated and progressive practices with ongoing student assessment and feedback; (2) regular communication with parents (3) active participation in curriculum development, pedagogy, and best practices.
Successful candidates will possess a growth mindset, emotional intelligence, self-motivation, curiosity and openness to new ideas, excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort in a school setting where children’s learning and experiences are central to educational decisions.
- Teach Elementary Judaics including Chumash, Tefillah, Chaggim, Parasha haShavua and Halacha
- Collaborate with a team of teachers and with other faculty
- Differentiate instruction for a diverse group of learners in a progressive setting
- Design and deliver curriculum according to standards and benchmarks
- Master’s Degree or advanced training in Judaics
- Excellent Hebrew text skills
- Training in Special Education preferred
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience
- Strong pedagogical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Innovative and dynamic educator
Please send a resume and cover letter that outlines your experience and interest in joining the Luria community to: Dana Keil, Lower School Director of Teaching and Learning, [email protected]