Shluchim and Anash in the community of Greater Phoenix, Arizona seek a Head of School/Judaics Principal who is a visionary leader and Mechanech, to lead its rapidly growing Cheder.
Cheder of Arizona was formed in 5773/2013 by a group of parents wanting a Chassidish, Chabad education for their children. The school started with just 5 students and has rapidly grown to over 130 children in grades 1-8 with separate boys and girls classes. About half of the school is made up of Lubavitch/Anash families (including a growing percentage of mekuravim families) and the other half of the school are children of shluchim. The Cheder prioritizes Limudei Kodesh and Darchai HaChassidis, while also having a solid general studies curriculum. The Cheder strives to be an educational environment with small sized classes and devoted staff who are dedicated to infusing the values of Chassidus on each child according to their level.
Over the years, the school has been led by dedicated principals and a volunteer Vaad of parents and has amassed a great team of teachers and administration. Now, we seek a leader who will bring the Cheder into a new era as a full-fledged, professionally run school.
The Head of School/Judaic Principal will have the responsibility for and oversee all matters related to Chinuch, management and oversight in the school.
The Head of School will be a role model of the school’s core values and be seen as a leader within the Chabad community.
The Head of School/ Judiac Principal has the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that everything in the Cheder conforms to Halacha and the Rebbe’s view of Chinuch.
- Initially, oversee all elements of the Limudei Kodesh curriculum and staff.
- Initially, lead an existing executive and administrative staff of general studies principal, student support services, and programming director.
- Determine and implement processes for the student experience b’ruchniyus and b’gashmius.
- Create an inspirational and collaborative learning environment.
- Mentor and support the professional growth and development of all faculty and employees.
- Promote the school within the greater Phoenix community and to prospective students.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Vaad to ensure that the school is staying on budget and has the funding it needs.
- Report to the Vaad at regular intervals on educational achievements, current goals, and progress.
- Utilize the Vaad to access financial resources that can grow the school and for consultation about navigating the community and parent body.
- Long term, form and support an executive team as the Head of School sees fit which may include a Judiac principal, department heads, business manager etc.
Candidate Profile: Who are you?
You are an experienced and passionate Chassidishe educator with:
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience in a Chabad Cheder or Jewish Day school setting.
- Minimum 5 years in Chinuch including teaching experience in a classroom setting.
- Knowledge of best practices in the field of education.
- Ability to communicate clearly and inspirationally to students, staff and community members.
- The ability to lead an executive team with multiple departments.
- The ability and drive to self-start and pursue excellence.
About Phoenix, Arizona:
The Chabad Mosdos in the greater Phoenix area provide a rich Chassidish and Jewish living opportunity. In addition to the Cheder, Chabad Mosdos include a preschool, girl’s High School and Mesivta. There are 4 Kosher restaurants and plenty of access to Kosher and Cholov Yisroel items. Chabad of Phoenix, which also serves as the school campus, is the hub of a growing Anash community. Housing in the general area of the school can range from $500,000- $700,000 for a 3-bedroom home with a large yard and pool. Arizona has a school voucher program which greatly offsets tuition for grades Kindergarten through High School.
Highly competitive Salary.
This role will be an officially recognized Shlichus under Chabad of Arizona and Merkos L’Inyonie Chinuch.
For more information please contact a member of the search committee Rabbi Shimi Ash at [email protected]
To apply for the position, upload a cover letter and resume to www.chederaz.com/apply.