Temple Jeremiah is searching for teachers for our Sunday J-Quest program.
Temple Jeremiah is a Reform Jewish congregation in Northfield, IL that shares, embraces, and enjoys Jewish values, and experiences. Our goal is to make positive differences in the lives of our members, our community, and the world at large.
J-Quest, our Religious Education program, emphasizes the Jeremiah Jewish Journey. Our J-Quest program blends models of experiential learning and hands-on programming to create unique engaging experiences for our students.
We are currently seeking teachers for the 2022-23 J-Quest school year, with openings in 4th, 5th and 6th grades. Sessions will take place from 9 a.m. -10:45 a.m. on Sunday mornings.
J-Quest teachers are expected to:
- Approach teaching with a positive and fun attitude
- Form positive relationships with students by demonstrating Jewish values and being a role model
- Be a positive connection and ambassador to Temple Jeremiah when communicating with parents and community members
- Embrace the Temple Jeremiah and J-Quest communities
- Attending teacher training and teachers' meetings throughout the year
- Work with Matt to ensure that lessons are meeting curricular goals
- Prepare lesson outlines in advance and send them to the Director of Congregational Learning
- Collaborate with teachers in the same grade level
- Ensure weekly communication with parents
Applicants should have:
- A love of Jewish teaching and creating Jewish learning moments with students
- An appreciation for working in teams and being part of a community
- Flexibility to work with students with a variety of learning and behavioral needs
- A commitment to inclusion and celebrating diversity within our community
Details for all Sunday Positions:
Dates: Sundays September to May (First day: September 11, 2022; Last Day: May 21, 2023)
J-Quest Sunday Class Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
J-Quest may have Hebrew teaching options available for our Hebrew classes. Please indicate in your email to Matt if you are interested and if you have any Hebrew teaching experience.
Salary Range: $2700-$3300
To apply, send your resume with your experience to Matt Rissien, Director of Congregation Learning: [email protected]