Director of Philanthropy and Community Engagement
Memphis Jewish Home & Rehab
Memphis Jewish Home & Rehab (MJHR) seeks a passionate, dynamic, and detail-oriented development professional as its next director of philanthropy and community engagement. The director is responsible for all fundraising, public relations, and marketing materials for MJHR. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the board of directors and other volunteers.
The Director of Philanthropy and Community Engagement will be responsible for the following:
- All fundraising including special events, direct mail, major gifts, legacy, endowment, capital, annual giving, and grant writing.
- Cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship of donors in addition to recording and acknowledgement of all gifts to MJHR.
- Planning, organization, management, and execution of annual golf tournament including securing sponsorships, players, prizes and managing volunteers.
- Leadership of the internal United Way Campaign.
- All public relations and social media including email and paper newsletters, press releases, articles, and regular posts on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- All advertising and marketing materials including print ads and brochures, website, etc.
- Crisis communications.
- Working with the community development committee to further the exposure and fundraising efforts of MJHR.
- Communications to the board with regard to meetings, taking and reporting of meeting minutes, and attending all board and executive committee meetings.
- Management of Gomez Auditorium Art Gallery and art dedications throughout the building.
- Establishing annual fundraising goals
Top candidates have the following:
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification or in-depth knowledge of fundraising processes.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Have Worked Closely with the CEO and CFO or are willing to work with other top executives with common fundraising goals.
- Knowledge of DonorPerfect or similar donor management software, Constant Contact, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to write fundraising and communications plans, donor and grant proposals.
- Ability to work with clinical staff to identify areas of need.
The following is required:
- A passion for the care of seniors.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, business administration, non-profit management or similar field.
- At least three (3) years of experience in non-profit fundraising, sales/marketing, public relations, or related field.
About Memphis Jewish Home & Rehab
Memphis Jewish Home & Rehab (MJHR) is a not-for-profit organization that provides quality care to people of all faiths who are seeking rehabilitation services and long-term care in the Mid-South. For almost 94 years, MJHR’s professionally trained staff has been dedicated to compassionately serving the needs of seniors in a warm and supportive environment. MJHR is driven to deliver quality, individualized care while always adapting to the changes in healthcare needs for seniors. Caring for generations of Mid-South seniors and their families, MJHR understands that we are caring for both the patient and their family. Located on 77 acres in Cordova, MJHR offers 169,000 square feet of inviting space in a park-like setting.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: [email protected]