The Riverdale Jewish Project (RJP), a young adult social club affiliated with a Conservative synagogue in Bronx, NY is looking for a passionate and energetic individual to plan, prepare, participate, arrange, & conduct a one-time 3-hour walking tour of Washington Heights for Sunday, June 25, from 1- 4 pm.
In this role you will be responsible for engaging guests for the duration of the tour, sharing interesting facts about the history of Washington Heights and answering any questions they may have.
He/she will lead a group of approximately 12 people on the tour (approximately 2 miles), identifying pre-selected Jewish, Dominican, and other relevant historical sites along the route.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research significant Jewish, Dominican, and other relevant historical sites in Washington Heights.
- Prepare outline of tour from beginning until end in coordination with RJP participants.
- Escort guests through the tour, taking breaks as needed.
- Sharing facts, history, and current developments in Washington Heights with the guests.
- Be willing to put his or her own spin on tour points, such as making jokes and providing insightful commentary.
- Sunday availability from 1-4 pm.
- Based in the NYC area.
- Knowledgeable about NYC and its history.
- Experience with public speaking and/or live performance.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a single email with ALL the following information to Yoel Shulman at [email protected]
Use the following format in the email: Subject line: [Your First Name Last Name: RJP Food Tour]
- please send a resume, with a photo of yourself, and contact info and a witty explanation on why you’d make the perfect food tour guide. Show us your awesome personality!