Founded in 1899, Temple De Hirsch Sinai carries forward our progressive legacy of community, inclusion, integrity, and diversity. “Love your neighbor as yourself” informs all that we do. As a prominent leader in the region’s Jewish and civic life, our growing congregation welcomes and engages more than 5,000 individual members and the greater community on two campuses, to connect through dynamic and meaningful education, programs, worship, and social justice (tikkun olam) work.
This position will administer the b’nai mitzvah process from an administration perspective, including communications, scheduling, assistance with rentals, coordination of billing and other member-facing and back-office details of the process.
This position will manage a portfolio of about 150 families – those who are two years out from the bar/bat/b mitzvah experience, those in the bar/bat/b mitzvah year and those one year after.
Our goal is to coordinate and connect all families in that process, ensuring that they experience both Temple’s love and Temple’s competent planning and execution of the process. We want families to feel supported and to provide one place where families know they can go and rely on our staff. This position will provide “one-stop-shopping” for b’nai mitzvah families.
This job requires exceptional organization and communication skills; demonstrated love of people; a high level of patience; and a high sense of professionalism and discretion. This individual will report to the Director of Member Engagement and Experience and be connected to the Education Team. If you are supremely well organized, friendly, and love to connect people with Jewish life, this is the job for you.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General administrative responsibilities, including managing extensive email communications, phone calls, and other written correspondence
- Schedule all appointments for b’nai mitzvah candidates and their families with both clergy and educators
- Organize and distribute student and parent materials
Program and Events:
- Organize and execute Date Selection Process, Family B’nai Mitzvah Experience, family gatherings and other program events
- Assist in Sunday School b’nai mitzvah programming
Liaison between b’nai mitzvah families and Temple Staff:
- Communicate and coordinate the program details with families.
- Coordinate with rabbis, musicians, and b’nai mitzvah educators
- Work closely with accounting and marketing staff
- Member of the Education Team
- A BA or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in project management, customer service, and administrative or comparable work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn new software
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn about Jewish religion and culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The health of our Temple members and staff is a high priority for us, and we’re committed to making our community as safe as possible. We follow strict COVID protocols as recommended by Seattle and King County Public Health, as well as our own team of medical consultants and experts. In alignment with this commitment, we require all Temple employees to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination upon employment.
Compensation & benefits
- Salary range of $22 to $27/hour, depending on qualifications and experience.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision
- 401K with budget-based employer match (5% in FY20)
- Short- and long-term disability
- Up to four weeks annual vacation (starts at two)
- Paid sick leave
- Leave for Jewish Holidays (8-9 annually)
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to:
Paula Cooper, [email protected]